Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing a chase question

Kapkirk

Hi all, I am having a issue with adding a mega tree to my sequence's. I can not seem to get a chase to work on my sequencing, every time I try it it just gives me the  effect strait down the channel instead of across the time, hey maybe I am on to something. I tried chasing in foreground to background, backwards and both but can't seem to make the effect work. I think I will go look if there is a time option, maybe that's it. Nope, I tried the paste by time and no help.

I looked at the tutorial for chase but the software must be different and  don't have the same commands as in the tutorial. The chase tool as in the tutorial isn't there so I am going to the tools on the toolbar, chase is there and has a square next to it with a mark in it but no chase happens. I would appreciate it if one of you experienced could help, I am not very computer literate and know its probably something simple.

Thanks for any help, Keith

Just a update, I found the chase icon to the right on the toolbar, still no joy though, and I put the tutorial playing on my mac while I tried doing exactly as JS says to but I must be off somewhere, it just won't do it. Oh well, waiting on a little help, Thanks, Keith

When applying a chase first put the effect you plan to use ie.. fade up/down.on,ect. into the first column you wish to chase. Then press the chase tab that you found then start at the first command and pull to the right to where you want the chase to end. You should now have a chase, If you get a straight line of commands then there is another command somewhere in that timing that will not allow the chase to execute.If that is the case then in the paste options box change the FROM to foreground,leave the TO at both and it will allow you to apply the chase without disturbing the other commands.

SPaschall

SPaschall

I appreciate the help, I tried both your commands with no joy, does it matter that I already have the tree in full on? I have been trying to chase a twinkle and or off command to the already on strings, I tried both from both to both and foreground to both as you said, each time I get the chase to go down the channels but not over the time. I did try changing to paste by cell and paste by time. I haven't tried stretch or repeat yet.

I am adding a new 20 foot mega tree this year all blue, 48 channels with plans to add a new color the next year with new controllers for each color and I was just going to leave the tree on and sequence off or twinkle into the strands for now. I thought the chase feature would make things go a little quicker but no luck yet.

Appreciate your thoughts, this is by far the hardest part of LOR for me, as I said computers and I are not friends. Sometimes I just want to take the laptop to the range and put a 50 cal hole it it LOL.

Keith

It does matter if the tree is full on, it won't chase as the channels are already on. Turn a section of the tree off, click on the chase feature at the top then go and click and hold on a channel that is already on. Drag the mouse down or up and to the right over the channels that are off creating a box. When you let go of the button the chase will fill in. It will only do it on the channels that are off and it doesn't work on a off chase.

Mr. P

Thanks, I tried it and your right, Thanks a lot, you saved the laptop from being a 1000 yard target LOL.

Appreciate all the help here, You guys are the best.

Keith

Do as told above. Then - to get what you were wanting - a chasing off effect - click the toggle button and highlight the area you just chased on. Bamm. You now chased off. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Do as told above. Then - to get what you were wanting - a chasing off effect - click the toggle button and highlight the area you just chased on. Bamm. You now chased off. 

Good one I never knew. It turns your chase off and everything else on.

Mega Arch

Thanks, I will give that a try, embarrassed to say I had to hover over every key to find the toggle key though, Thanks Again.

Keith

1 minute ago, Kapkirk said:

Mega Arch

Thanks, I will give that a try, embarrassed to say I had to hover over every key to find the toggle key though, Thanks Again.

Keith

Hovering is good.