Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Entertainment

sjsocane

In case anyone else has been waiting on orders like I have (two of them actually).  I was able to get a message from them on facebook and they said they will not be responding to any questions or requests.  I am not sure if I am more upset about the loss of the money or the fact all the programing I did will not be able to displayed in this years display..  I will file a dispute with the bank but now I have to reorder all the items from a different company.. 

And folks wonder why I buy my items only from Local Big Box Retail, Discount or Thrift Stores for my lighting needs for my display!  Because of criteria like this, not saying it happens that often, but when it does, you're out a lot of $$$.    

So I'll stick with the cheap stuff for my needs, it has served me well for years and I see no reason to change.

Sorry to hear that! It's always stressful when the outcome of your projects are dependent on someone else.  I was happy to read about Creative Displays on this forum. I ordered from them on Fri and the box was on my doorstep today. (Not rubbing salt in the wound! I just think we all need to let others know who to go with and who to avoid!)

37 minutes ago, Orville said:

And folks wonder why I buy my items only from Local Big Box Retail, Discount or Thrift Stores for my lighting needs for my display!  Because of criteria like this, not saying it happens that often, but when it does, you're out a lot of $$$.    

So I'll stick with the cheap stuff for my needs, it has served me well for years and I see no reason to change.

Well a lot of the stuff Seasonal Entertainment had for sale wasn't sold in the big box/thrift stores. 

But it's still sad this happens.

I have had great customer service from Holiday Coro and LOR with the different RGB products I have purchased.  Orville I agree with the ease of the Big Box Stores but unfortunately they don't sell any RGB items for use with the different devices..  Although I will say it was less stress dealing with them....  Holiday Coro and LOR here I come with your business!!

P.S.  if you're going out of business please send an friendly email ... :ph34r:

I Guess I should have been concerned when a person goes from being a dog groomer to a person in charge of dealing with bigger business....  I really should do my research better before ordering....  

I really do appreciate the offer Dennis to help.  I will just place another order, with Holiday Coro this time, and start trying to re-plan my design around what I can get in time for the display to start..

I have ordered from holiday Coro as well.  Will again I am sure.

But another person I consistently order from is Ray.  Cheaper than Holiday Coro.  And Ray stands by his products too.  Message before you order after filling your cart and he will give fedex shipping cheaper than listed slow boat on the Ali website.   I don't think he is going out of business anytime soon.  Gets orders worldwide.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 9:04 PM, sjsocane said:

A lot of pixels and 5 candy cane props

Sjsocane, I can't help you on the pixels.... but I can help you on the candy canes.  I actually built all of Seasonal's "Display Elements."  The candy canes were my design and I fabricated all of them.  The Pixclips, also were mine.  The BEST NEWS is I can get you both.  I am now carrying the light clips myself, and I can make you some last minute candy canes.  Since I participate in 6 Christmas light Facebook pages and three lighting web pages it's just best to contact me via my Facebook page "Rainy Oregon Christmas".  As I can't do a hot link here, just drop " Rainy Oregon Christmas " in the Facebook search bar and look me up.  When you get there send me a message and I'll see what I can do.  

If you thought being a customer of a failed business was hard, try having one be your exclusive vendor for all your products.  I lost a lot.....  a lot.

Please think long and hard before committing money for something before you will actually receive it.

Most people and companies out there are on the up and up.  Once in a while you run across one or two that are 'bad'.  I recently had the roof replaced on my house at north of $15,000.  I did my due diligence, got multiple estimates, and talked at length with the people to get a good feeling.  In the end it came down to two companies, both within 2% of each other in cost.  One wanted 1/2 of the money as a deposit so they could purchase the materials - which was a reasonable request.  The other (for $300 more) wanted their payment at the end of the job when it was complete.  

Both companies were VERY reputable.  I talked with several references who said both companies did the job, and did it on time with the correct materials.  "Two households, both alike in dignity in fair Verona..."

The company that wanted 300 more but payment at the end got the job from me.  Why?  A few reasons:  They had to be successful since they didn't need my money to buy the materials.  They must do a quality job since they were not afraid of not being paid -- they risked their outlay - which lets face it, it's hard to repossess shingles!

That is what being in business means:  the business SHOULD absorb the risk in order to reap the reward.  With pre-orders or group buys THEIR risk is 0 and instead YOU assume all the risk.  What incentive do they have to make things right should things on their end go wrong?  Perhaps the person is honest to a fault - but if THEY are taken do you really think they will use their own money to pay you back?  If they didn't have the money to make the initial WHOLE order on their own, the chances of them having enough money to pay you should something go wrong is ZERO.  Remember that.  And this goes for everything, not just what has happened with this vendor, or other vendors in the past.

Most of the companies that do Spring and Summer sales will also state that your credit card will not be billed until your order ships. Keep that in mind when ordering on these seasonal sales.

I can personally vouch for Rainy Oregon Christmas. I have not only bought from him, but i have met him personally. He does a lot for the community where he lives. Does very good work as well.

I haven't gotten a message from you.  I really am willing to help, but Christmas is coming fast.  Let me know how I can help you.

There are some companies like mine that build custom frames that can be very hard to sell that ask for the money up front and it might take a month to get the frames made. I will always treat the customer right but you can check on me and others that build fames by just asking people on the different forms.