Light-O-Rama Forums

Help integrating the a dedicated CMB24D into my system

iamnee

Earlier this year I decided to change my normal low voltage house lighting to something very different. I permanently connected a CMB24D as a controller and used eleven 10W RGB pixels as wall washer across the front of my house. I added a light sensor and relay to  trigger the CMB24D to start a program, at dusk and run to dawn. The basic program is one minute long and turns the RGB LED's to a soft white color to match the standard 2700k light bulb.

For special occasions I run new programs. For valentines day the whole house is red. On March 17th the whole house is green.  For the 4th of July I have a RED, White, and Blue rotation that sweeps the house like a rotating beacon. This is very cool and only requires changing or loading the program.

My question is that I want to include my new house lighting into my Halloween and Christmas programs. Since the CMB24D is triggered by the dusk to dawn sensor and runs the loaded program as a standalone controller, I want to take control with my G3-MP3 Showtime Director from dusk till 11-12:00 at night then when I shut down the G#-MP3, I want the CMB24D to go back to the dedicated house lighting internal program.

Any ideas? What would be great is that if I send commands from the G3-MP3 the CMB24D will automatically start running in the system and when the communications stop the CMB24D will revert to the default program. My understanding is that I have one trigger input on the basic CMB24D, If I could add a trigger board and one of the triggers is to switch to the G3-MP3, when this trigger is released I can switch back to the dusk to dawn trigger and run internal.  

• The topic was locked