Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with basic Pixcon16 config

scubanimal

I received my Pixcon16 card and was looking forward to doing some pixel fun.   Unfortunately it has been a very frustrating couple of days trying to get up to and through the very basic hardware test.    I have my laptop set for DHCP, a router set to do DHCP.  The Pixcon board has a 5v power supply connected with both banks powered up.  I can ping the board.  And checking the laptop via ipconfig /all I can see the laptop is set to 192.168.0.2.  I checked the router and it allows the everything in that domain 1-254.      With the LOR Control Panel (CP) on (and therefore I'm assuming the comm listener is on).  Bringing up the Network preferences tool, and kicking off the PixCon config panel the pixcon line shows up.   It confirms I have firmware version is 1.4.9 and the IP is good.

I have one pixel wired up to port 1.   

When I double click the white line I get "The device configuration could not be loaded" error.    Power line is solid, IP light flashes.    

Does anyone have any suggestions?     

Thank you for any help?

Ian

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. P

• Scooch

• diesel3406

• scubanimal

Hey Scooch,. 

I ended up calling the help desk, we walked through several tests, while my issue was not solved you may want to double check a few things.   Make the pixel is wire int the right direction ( side of pixel with the +, data& gnd markings go to the pixcon port), double check the logic  & port fuses are good.  Next to the pixel type selection (ws2811) is a high speed check box. Try both settings resetting the baord in between.   Then if love that fails then try the other pixel types; depending where you got them they may not be true 2811.   Oh and of course make sure the pixel wiring is right, and make sure the input voltage is with acceptable limits.  I got the impression you can need to be  + or - 0.2 volts, but have not been told a spec. 

And if your still having a problem call the help desk.

In my case I attached four 1 pixel lights from three different vendors to eliminate other variables. 

Mine is  not working yet but the help desk is working it. 

Good luck, hope you'll post what your solution is.

I haven't even gotten to the point where I can pick pixel types.  I keep getting the error that the device configuration can not load.

24 minutes ago, Scooch said:

I haven't even gotten to the point where I can pick pixel types.  I keep getting the error that the device configuration can not load.

Same question applies to you Scooch, your profile states you have LOR ver. 3.12.0 with a Standard license.

Running in LOR, I believe.  Sometimes reading the instructions is like VCR instructions.  Currently I have the pixcon16 connected directly to the computer directly through the eternet cable.

On your computer click the "Start" button so your menus open, at the bottom in the search box type CMD and a black box should open. In the black box you should see something like C:\users> with a flashing cursor, type ping 192.168.0.50

Edited by Mr. P