Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Plays DMX (E1.31) + Lights, but no CCPs

lkcubsrule

I was in the process of setting my visualizer up last night, and I was able to have it play traditional and RGB channels from the Sequence Editor.  Additionally, it plays my DMX (E1.31) props from either the Pixel Editor or the Sequence Editor. Great.  

The only problem is that it won't play my CCP devices.  I have several Cosmic Color Pixels and Pixie Controllers, and I've set each string to it's own unit ID.  However, the Visualizer won't recognize anything -- nothing plays on those channels.  I've ensured that my channels match up, and I've cleared all my issues from the visualizer.  What could be in the way of enabling the CCP to function?

18 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Did you start Control Panel before running the sequence?

Yeah, and that's evidence of my DMX pixels work.  

Are you sure the sides match, meaning the network and channel configurations match exactly what's in visualizer?  Do you have Enhanced turned on in one side but not the other?  I have the exact same setup as you and it definitely works so it has to be a mismatch either with the prop in Visualizer with the network settings in SE and/or channel configurations.

8 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Do you have Enhanced turned on in one side but not the other?

This was it.  I've never worked with Cosmic Color Devices before, and I was unsure of what this setting did.  As soon as I checked the "Enhanced" checkbox in the LOR network settings, this all worked. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, lkcubsrule said:

This was it.  I've never worked with Cosmic Color Devices before, and I was unsure of what this setting did.  As soon as I checked the "Enhanced" checkbox in the LOR network settings, this all worked. Thanks!

It's not a CCP issue.  It's an intensity file issue.  You stated in the first post that you were using Pixel Editor, which always outputs intensity files.  Using intensity files from either PE or SuperStar requires that you use enhanced networking for LOR networks.  Even though you are not controlling lights on an actual LOR network, but rather only controlling Visualizer, you still have to have the network set for enhanced.  Don't feel bad, many of us ran into the same issue during the S4 beta test when intensity files first came out.  Always something new to learn!

• Like 1