Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 4/8/16

George Simmons

14 minutes ago, cdlouke said:

Ok Guys I need some help. I finally got my 16 pixie board today that I ordered from the summer sale and I need some help in telling what wire from the strand goes where on the board. I bought my strands earlier in the summer from Creative Lighting Displays. Evidently they have gone out of business since there website is gone. Any how I have WS2811 12 volt strands. I have a blue, brown and yellow with green stripe wires. Thought I would give you guys a shout before I toasted something.

Thanks

Charley

If you look very close where the three wires go into the lights they will be marked, Pos, Data, Neg. Maybe look through a magnifying glass.

Mr. P I looked and I do not see any writing at all. Would the writing  actually be on the board the lights are mounted on where the wires connect. If so it is unreadable because of the way the bullet pixels were sealed. Is there any other way to determine which wore is which.

6 hours ago, cdlouke said:

Mr. P I looked and I do not see any writing at all. Would the writing  actually be on the board the lights are mounted on where the wires connect. If so it is unreadable because of the way the bullet pixels were sealed. Is there any other way to determine which wore is which.

Can you see the board at all?

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Can you see the board at all?

I can but it is very cloudy because of the sealant used on the lights. I guess I can cut one open but I was trying to avoid that if possible.

3 minutes ago, cdlouke said:

I can but it is very cloudy because of the sealant used on the lights. I guess I can cut one open but I was trying to avoid that if possible.

If you can see the big black square ic chip here is what you can do. This is usually 95% accurate with ws2811, hold the first pixel so the ic chip is away from you. Now look at the three wires coming out, the one on the left is pos (12v), the center is data (D) and the right is neg (GND). As I stated, not 100% but a good starting point. This is normally the direction of flow as well as pixels are unidirectional.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, Mr. P said:

If you can see the big black square ic chip here is what you can do. This is usually 95% accurate with ws2811, hold the first pixel so the ic chip is away from you. Now look at the three wires coming out, the one on the left is pos (12v), the center is data (D) and the right is neg (GND). As I stated, not 100% but a good starting point. This is normally the direction of flow as well as pixels are unidirectional.

Mr. P thanks for the help. I was finally able to reach the vendor I bought them from and he provided the information. Compared to what you offered above it was spot on.

Many thanks, Charley

• Like 1