Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio length mismatch

k6ccc

I was loading a sequence from last year and got this error.

SuperStar_Audio_Length.png

<SuperStarMetaFile saveFileVersion="6" audioCentisecondLength="1452" sequenceCentisecondLength="1452" musicFilename="Audio\Happy_New_Year.mp3">

As you can see, when I look at the .sup file in NotePad, it lists the sequence and audio file length as 14.52 seconds.  When I open the file in Audacity, it shows a length of 14.968 seconds.

The really odd part is that I wrote this sequence last year, using this audio file.

Am I missing something here?

Well, I found it.  I found six morphs that were after the end time of the file - in this case, in the 15 second range.  Deleted those and all is well.

23 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Well, I found it.  I found six morphs that were after the end time of the file - in this case, in the 15 second range.  Deleted those and all is well.

Glad you found the problem but that still doesn't answer the question of how they got there, since you made this last year and all was OK.  

I had this message on a few and could not fine anything past the audio.

I fixed mine by going to end past last effect and selected a spot in the time line. Then selected "select all right" and hit delete. 

I found the error by examining the .sup file, however once I knew what to look for, I brought up the control box for morphs and went to the end of the list.  Sure enough, six morph that had the start time listed after the end of the sequence.  Deleted them from that control box.

That has also happened to me before. Though I am not an computer guy I figured it out by looking at the timing at the top of Superstar and noticed that I too had several morphs going beyond the end of the audio file end time. 

13 hours ago, Grinch said:

Glad you found the problem but that still doesn't answer the question of how they got there, since you made this last year and all was OK.  

I think I have an answer to that.  Unlike BMurray who found morphs that started in the sequence and extended beyond the end (which is very obvious if you look); in my case, the six morphs started after the end time of the timeline, so they were not at all visible.  I suspect what happened was that last year while creating this sequence, I copied a group of morphs and pasted them later in the sequence.  In the paste, some of those morphs were beyond the end of the timeline.  For example, If I were to copy 20 morphs that covered five seconds of time, and pasted those morphs starting two seconds before the end of the timeline, some of those morphs would likely start in the sequence and extend past the end, and some would start after the end of the timeline.  The ones that started in the timeline, and extended past the end would be obvious and easily get deleted.  The ones that started after the end of the timeline would not be obvious and not deleted.  Since this was a simple 14.5 second clip, I assume I created it in it's entirety in one session so I never opened it as an existing sequence until this year when I needed to modify it a bit.  I assume that the time check happens only when the file is opened, and therefore did not happen until this year.

fortunately it's actually very easy to find.  Just click the button for morphs, and in the list of morphs, go the end.  Look for morphs that have a start time after the end of the some timeline.  I assume the same issue could occur with scenes, images, smooth effects, and texts.

Just to add a complication to that, I have noticed in the past situations where Sequence Editor barfed on a SuperStar, and the solution was to manually edit the xml file to correct effects that occur after the end of the sequence timeline.  I suspect that this was the same situation.

Interesting - I could not edit this post.  The second paragraph was supposed to read:

Fortunately it's actually very easy to find.  Just click the mode button for morphs, and in the list of morphs, go the end.  Look for morphs that have a start time after the end of the song timeline.  I assume the same issue could occur with scenes, images, smooth effects, and texts.