Light-O-Rama Forums

Total noob here, HELP!

Chris Cringle

Hello all.  Great place you have here and I am excited to be a part of it. 

I have been reading and soaking in all that I can.  I purchased a 16 channel controller during the summer sale and the Basic Plus software license. 

I have been playing with the demo version of the software for a while to get used to the controls and settings.  Everything was going ok until I loaded the full version with and registered it.  Now, when I load a song for a new sequence and attempt to use the Beat Wizard, I get a "Sequence Setting Error" box which says

"Canonical wave file\Audio\LORInternal\CanonicalAudio\D\C\Users\username\Desktop\sequence folder\music folder\song name.mp3.wav does not exist"

Also, when I load the Sequence Editor I get a message saying, "Cannot find file or folder: \Sequences\"

I would appreciate any help with this.  Thank you in advance! 

Edited by Chris Cringle
typos

When getting "missing/can't find file" message, the typical reason is that the file being looked for:

1) hadd been deleted

2) been renamed

3) folder path/structure has been changed.

First off, the missing file "song name.mp3.wav" is not correct. A valid song file would be "songname.mp3" or "songname.wav".

A typical file storage structure in LOR is:

1) songs in "lightorama/audio

2) sequences in "lightorama/sequences.

Check you file and folder structure/anmes...most likely the issue. Just follow down through the folder structure listed in the error to see where the issue is.

If you changed your default software settings to different paths this could also occur, songs should be in MP3 or WAV {I prefer MP3} format.

When I set my software up I DID NOT use the LightoRama defaults, I used LOR for my default folder, under that is where Audio, Sequences, and other folders reside that the LOR software suite uses and my software was set to use those folders, if you changed your original set up to something other than the defaults, you need to correct that in your software set up.   Off hand I don't recall where that is, but know you can change it in the LOR software suite to match your systems setup.  it's actually quite easy.

You can also go to the Edit option and locate the area where you can change the media by reloading it from the folder you originally put it in or moved the music file too.

I can't access my LOR software from the computer I'm on at the moment{not installed on the wife's computer}, so can't be more explicit as to what the actual reference is, just look for the word media under edit and that should be where you can reload the song back into the sequence, if it still exists somewhere on your computer.

6 hours ago, mpageler said:

Thank you both for the replies.  I plan on looking through the file paths later when I can get on the computer to see if I can find anything.  

I realize that songname.mp3.wav is not correct.  For some reason I think that the LOR software is searching for either or.  The songs are mp3's and are saved under that file extension.  

After selecting "new sequence" I pick the mp3 file and select Beat Wizard.  Then it attempts to load the song and that's when I get the error message.  The song will be there, but no beat shows up on the grid.  

Not sure if any of this is helping to explain my issue or not.  Hopefully, I can figure something out soon.  

Thanks again for the help, mpageler and Orville!  Much appreciated. 

I will update later if I find anything out.  

When you select your mp3 and then choose the beat wizard and click okay  the sequence editor should open with your channels. As soon as that opens another box titled Beat Wizard should open. If it doesn't open go to the top tool bar to TOOLS and select Beat Wizard, choose your settings and hit Apply.

Edited by Mr. P

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

When you select your mp3 and then choose the beat wizard and click okay  the sequence editor should open with your channels. As soon as that opens another box titled Beat Wizard should open. If it doesn't open go to the top tool bar to TOOLS and select Beat Wizard, choose your settings and hit Apply.

I get the same error message loading the Beat Wizard that way too.  It loads the mp3 file and channels fine so the problem appears to be with Beat Wizard. 

I'm not having any luck with this. 

Try opening the sequence and just hitting the play button. The music file should then load and play,if so then go to Tools, then beat wizard.

SPaschall

13 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

Try opening the sequence and just hitting the play button. The music file should then load and play,if so then go to Tools, then beat wizard.

SPaschall

I get the same error message when attempting to open Beat Wizard this way, also

10 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

With that error have you gone to file, then media file, and directed the sequence to that audio file?

SPaschall

Yes...if i am using a pre made sequence then this is what i do.  It works fine this way.  This is what leads me to believe the problem lies in Beat Wizard for some reason.

I can load a song and it will have my channels on the Editor, but there is no timing.  Beat Wizard never runs

If it is a premade sequence is it one that can be edited or is it locked? Some are locked and cannot be edited which could cause your problem. You could try taking that music file and create a new sequence using your channel config. Then try the beat wizard to see if it works.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

If it is a premade sequence is it one that can be edited or is it locked? Some are locked and cannot be edited which could cause your problem. You could try taking that music file and create a new sequence using your channel config. Then try the beat wizard to see if it works.

SPaschall

I can run a pre made sequence with no issue.  

It is trying to create my own sequence that is the problem

Could be a corrupt music file but for some reason it's not liking the directory path. Have you tried another audio file to see if it works?

SPaschall

1 minute ago, SPaschall said:

Could be a corrupt music file but for some reason it's not liking the directory path. Have you tried another audio file to see if it works?

SPaschall

yes multiple audio files.  all with the same issue.  i don't know how to correct the directory path but i feel like i need to.  i tried to let the LOR software create it's own files when i installed it but when i open up the Sequence Editor it says   "Cannot find file or folder: \Sequences\"

Ah the path should be audio its looking for the in the sequence folder. Make sure your audio is in the audio folder. To see if I am correct move the audio file temporarily to the sequence folder and see if it works.

3 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

Ah the path should be audio its looking for the in the sequence folder. Make sure your audio is in the audio folder. To see if I am correct move the audio file temporarily to the sequence folder and see if it works.

I can't find a LOR file that holds the sequences or the audio.  Only the files that i created for them

Ok Chris, step back from the ledge, at first this stuff seems daunting. It will get easier. So, in win7, go to the start menu, documents, find the Lightorama folder, open it, find the Audio folder and make sure your song is in there, then go to the Sequences folder and make sure your .lms file(your sequence) is in there. If not, you can copy/cut and paste them from where ever they are to those folders, but if they are, go to the start menu, all programs, Lightorama, Sequence Editor, and click it. A popup box should show with New Sequences, Existing Sequences, and Recent Sequences shown across the top. right under that is a dropdown box that says "Look in". Make sure it says Sequences, and if your sequence is in that folder, it should show up. Once the sequence is open, go to the Edit button on the top, click it, go to the "Media File", click it and the Audio folder should open, select your music, click open and wait for it to do it's converting file thing, wait for this to finish, then click the save button(looks like a disk), and the sequence should then open with the music from that point on. If the sequence is not in the sequence folder or the music is not in the audio folder the sequence editor doesn't know where to find them, that's what this sounds like. Good Luck