Light-O-Rama Forums

Replacing ribbon colors automatically

Brucey

I'm working on my sequences to incorporate the 8 dumb ribbons I got in the spring but have a question.  I have all of the beats set for the ribbons to match other decorations around the yard (non-RGB), is there a way to say, as an example, 'everything that's turned on in this row is green' without me having to manually update every single color transition by hand or making the whole row green and then doing the inverse by turning everything off?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

What are you sequencing in Pe SE. Or SS 

Sorry, should have clarified, I'm trying to do this in SE.  I'm already importing Intensity data files from SS for the tree so that's why I'm doing it in SE.

I do have PE (pro level) but since I'm importing ss intensity files as into the same sequence i didn't think I could import intensity files from both pe and ss into the same sequence. 

Yes, you can have intensity files from both SS and PE in the same sequence. Note that any given channel can exist in only one however.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

32 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Ok thanks Jim, then in PE how can I replace each of the colors for the ribbons?

I don't use PE, so I can't answer that one.

8 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Are you trying to make all the ribbons the same color in a sequence?

No.  I have 8 ribbons.  I have the 'ons' and 'offs' all set, but what I'm trying to do, without doing it all by hand, is to change all of the colors in a particular row from say on/white to on/green, and then the next row from on/white to on/red...

For PE, when I copied dumb channels from shared sequences, into my rgb channels, the color is defaulted to red.  In SE, you can change an entire row color by

1) click on "rgb" icon on far left of a rows.  This expands  row to show 3 rgb channels.

2) If you want to change from red to blue, highlight  entire red channel, cut, and then paste into blue channel rows. If you wanted yellow, copy  red channel and paste to blue channel for a combine color of yellow.

3) So by doing this, you can get red, blue, gree yellow, light blue and a mauve(r and b).  I have found that my display  has more punch by sticking with these basic color than trying to go overboard with a 1001 colors. '

Much of my sequence editing this year has been in going back and switching colors to more primary colors. 

Changing color on just a segment of an rgb channel is much more envolved in PE.

• Like 1