Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Show Director User Feedback

Bob VandenBoom

I posted the same type question about the CTB16PC controller and got great feedback. Anybody using the DC-MP3 Director card that would like to share their experiences? Good, bad, ugly? I like the idea of letting the card do the directing, play the music, and start/stop the shows. Just want to hear how it performs in the field.....which is where I plan to station the card.

Thanks,

Bob

If you want an easy set-up for a stand-alone lead controller that runs your entire show off an SD card, then the LOR1602MP3 is the way to go. I've had mine for two years without a hitch. Highly recommend it. I also commented on the same thread Harrison provided earlier.

Tim

I purchased a card the 1st year it came out. It freed up my computer and allowed me to surf the net and listen to any audio file without fear of having the sound be simulcast on the radio.

In addition, if I went out of town (my card was set up on a timer to turn on and off), then I did not have to worry about my computer shutting down for any reason and crashing the show.

The only disadvantage of mine (again it was the 1st year) is that there is no way to program in a closing sequence. And when the timer turns the card off, it may be in the middle of a song. Now, it could be that the latest card will compensate for some of this, I have not looked into it.

But, I love my card and would not trade it for anything.

Dale W wrote:

I purchased a card the 1st year it came out. It freed up my computer and allowed me to surf the net and listen to any audio file without fear of having the sound be simulcast on the radio.

In addition, if I went out of town (my card was set up on a timer to turn on and off), then I did not have to worry about my computer shutting down for any reason and crashing the show.

The only disadvantage of mine (again it was the 1st year) is that there is no way to program in a closing sequence. And when the timer turns the card off, it may be in the middle of a song. Now, it could be that the latest card will compensate for some of this, I have not looked into it.

I think your timmer stuff is just firmware (It worked GREAT for me last year - It finishs the song it is on) and to do a close sequance just schedual a 2nd show to start at the end of the first and it start sequance is your close (if that make since.)

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

Dale W wrote:

I think your timmer stuff is just firmware (It worked GREAT for me last year - It finishs the song it is on) and to do a close sequance just schedual a 2nd show to start at the end of the first and it start sequance is your close (if that make since.)

Harrison

Here is how I did my shows this last year (Going over Midnight had a issue):

Show 1 18:00 – 21:30 – Main :: Open – Opening Night
Show 2 21:30 – 00:00 – Day Promo – Open:: Close of Night
Show 3 00:00 – 18:00 – Day Promo
Show 4 No Time - Bad Weather
Show 5 No Time - Tech Difficulties
Show 6 No Time - All On
Show 7 No Time - Show NO time

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

Harrison

I believe you are right that the newest firmware has more options than the one that I have.