Light-O-Rama Forums

Online LED Sales PRe Christmas

racerc20

Hi guys second noob question of the evening.  Is there any partner or online seller with good to great pre Christmas LED light prices.   I have mostly incandescent and know that I cannot string to many sets together for each channel.

Thanks

Carl

Carl, most of the pre-sales were months ago. For the least expensive LEDS many us go directly to Ray Wu in China. I'm on my phone so I don't have the link directly to his store, but should be easy to find with a search of the forum. Don't be afraid of the high shipping cost shown. There is a way around that, but I've got to change trains right now...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Get your self setup for next year's pre-sales. Get on email lists for vendors like Christmas Light Emporium, Holiday Lights Express, ect. Also stay active in this forum as we tell each other. 

Then know what you basically want by New Years Day as many of the pre-sales are Jan & Feb. That way the vendor gets their big bulk buy setup. Then factory builds order. Then ocean freight. Then after patiently waiting, you receive your Jan order in late August. 

Worth it though. I saved several hundred dollars last year. 

This year - you're just late. 

• Like 1

CDI has their 12 weeks of Christmas Sale going on. Each week provides a sale on certain products.While they aren't the cheapest, they have excellent customer support for their products.

And don't forget, you get what you pay for.

Big box store might be cheaper but handling issues after the season might be a bigger problem.

I've been buying from CDI since 2006. Five stars in my book.

LEDS I purchased in 2006 still work. :)

Thank you all i already feel addicted.   Lol. I will be here and I will conque.  Need the boss to authorize overtime for moolah for lights.   Lol

If you use Ray, before placing the order just send him a message requesting shipping rate.  His fedex shipping will be less than the listed Hong Kong post rate.

just fill your cart, then message him.   I typically request DHL over fedex because of speed.  DHL is faster...maybe fedex is just swamped out of Hong Kong or something.  DHL and fedex shipping rate usually the same. 

On 9/8/2016 at 6:26 PM, k6ccc said:

Carl, most of the pre-sales were months ago. For the least expensive LEDS many us go directly to Ray Wu in China. I'm on my phone so I don't have the link directly to his store, but should be easy to find with a search of the forum. Don't be afraid of the high shipping cost shown. There is a way around that, but I've got to change trains right now...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

How do you get around the shipping? I don't usually order from Ray due to shipping.

15 minutes ago, canadianchristmas said:

How do you get around the shipping? I don't usually order from Ray due to shipping.

You don't get around the shipping, you contact him and negotiate a better shipping price.

3 hours ago, canadianchristmas said:

If you use Ray, before placing the order just send him a message requesting shipping rate.  His fedex shipping will be less than the listed Hong Kong post rate.

just fill your cart, then message him.   I typically request DHL over fedex because of speed.  DHL is faster...maybe fedex is just swamped out of Hong Kong or something.  DHL and fedex shipping rate usually the same. 

For lights, kind of depends on what you are looking for. Some vendors specialize in dumb/smart rgb products.  While other concentrate more on traditonal strings....mini, m5, c7, c9, etc., leds.