Light-O-Rama Forums

Wont play

Steelers95

I just got a new computer and am getting all my light o rama stuff transferred over however the visualizer wont play. I remember this happened to me when I first downloaded light o rama and there was a simple fix I just cant remember what that was. (The comm listener is running).

anyone have any ideas?

27 minutes ago, Steelers95 said:

I just got a new computer and am getting all my light o rama stuff transferred over however the visualizer wont play. I remember this happened to me when I first downloaded light o rama and there was a simple fix I just cant remember what that was. (The comm listener is running).

anyone have any ideas?

yes I have an idea -

There is a one time step to "link" your visualizer with SE.  It is a one time step that may need to be repeated when switching computers. Not everyone needs to do it but I did on my computer.

If I remember correctly, search for "running your first simulation" in the help pages

or

Running Your First Simulation

Now we need to do a bit of setup so that the Sequence Editor and the Visualizer can "talk" together.  You should only need to do this once, and possibly in the future if you do something such as changing computers.  The defaults should work, but we should double check them.

Select File / Options from the menu, and then click on the "6. Com/Ref" settings tab.  Check that the Communications field is set to "Local", that the IP address reads "127.0.0.1", and that the port is "30303".  Press "OK".

Start the Sequence Editor, and load the tutorial test sequence that was included (located in the directory "Sequences\LOR Visualizer Tutorial").  Go to Edit / Preferences / Visualizer Preferences.  Ensure that the Host is set to 127 0 0 1, and the port to 30303.  The thing to take away from this is that the Visualizer settings and the Sequence Editor settings must match with each other; if the two programs are set up differently, change one or the other so that they match, and then press OK.

Ensure that the Sequence Editor is set up to control the Visualizer: From its Play menu, ensure that the "Control Visualizer" option is checked.  If it is not checked, the Sequence Editor will not send any commands to the Visualizer.

Almost there.  Unless the Visualizer is placed into Simulation mode, it will ignore all commands from the Sequence Editor.  To place the Visualizer into Simulation mode, press the "Play" icon in its toolbar.  The Visualizer will then go into Simulation mode, hiding many of its controls and toolbars.  It is now ready to accept commands from the Sequence Editor.

Note: Depending upon your operating system and security settings, you may be prompted that the Visualizer was blocked from communicating.  If so, you can select "Unblock".  If you do not unblock the Visualizer, it will not be able to receive commands from the Sequence Editor.  For more information, see the section titled "Simulation and Firewalls".

Now play your sequence in the Sequence Editor (using its Play button on its standard toolbar).  If everything is set up correctly, you'll see the lights in your simulation flash on and off.  Congratulations!

If you don't see any lights flashing, make sure that you have correctly set up the communications parameters, that you have selected "Control Visualizer" on the Sequence Editor's Play menu, that the Visualizer and the Sequence Editor are both in "play" mode, and that you have wired up your channels correctly.  If you see wrong lights flashing, make sure that you have wired your channels properly.