Light-O-Rama Forums

annoying street light

ThatBigManWithLights

6 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

kinda hard to use the street light as part of the show... It comes on to slow and has to actually warm up to get very bright.

That's no excuse Sarge. You time your sequence to where you want it brightest in your sequence. It's pretty easy. :ph34r: :lol:

50 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

UMMMMMMMMM... I do have a nice hardly ever used PELLET GUN... with a scope on it... 

Seems like to me an Old Sarge like yourself wouldn't need a scope with all that ARMY training!!!

• Like 2

Late one night just Make it disappear. The pole and all just fill the hole and put a patch of grass over it to hide the evidence.

• Like 1

Disappear...

such a great day for the unknown gremlins to strike... just a couple weeks before Halloween..

I have heard old horror stories about Gremlins and planes etc. during WW2.. 

What Light Pole??  I Just moved here and I don't remember seeing a light pole in my yard..

Now ... where did I see that construction rental yard... the one with the big wrecker/crane??

oh ... the scope was for the wife so she could sit outside and shoot those pesky wabbits and ground rats (squirrels) where we use to live... It was the only way she could see them waskaley critters..

On 9/6/2016 at 1:20 PM, Old Sarge said:

I had a problem like that before.. A small LASER light hidden under my eve and aimed it at the light sensor... when ligh show is running turn on the laser... poof street light goes off..

where can I find this laser light you speak of?

I too am interested which laser he used, I tried two different lasers before going with the keel hauling up an led spot lamp. I think a laser could have worked if we could have been high enough.

Keith

Almost any laser pointer will do, but you have to get the angle.  The light sensor is on top of the street light fixture.  In most cases, if you are shooting on much of an up angle, the fixture will block the beam.  You need to be some combination of high enough and / or far enough away to get the angle.

Right I used just a laser pointer.

Took out the batteries and connected it to a small transformer with only a 9 v output. Took a while but on my 2nd floor eve got it aimed right at the light sensor.

Which like k6ccc said... is on the top of the light 

15 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

Right I used just a laser pointer.

Took out the batteries and connected it to a small transformer with only a 9 v output. Took a while but on my 2nd floor eve got it aimed right at the light sensor.

Which like k6ccc said... is on the top of the light 

Sounds like if all else fails you have a good line of sight for the pellet gun:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ebuechner said:

Sounds like if all else fails you have a good line of sight for the pellet gun:ph34r:

Sorry, being nit-picky here. Let's not 'suggest' things that in many locations would be illegal. 

1 hour ago, LORAdmin said:

Sorry, being nit-picky here. Let's not 'suggest' things that in many locations would be illegal. 

Are you suggesting that some people are completely incapable of recognizing SARCASM !!! (I speak it fluently) it's our second language in this household

On 9/7/2016 at 4:52 PM, Old Sarge said:

UMMMMMMMMM... I do have a nice hardly ever used PELLET GUN... with a scope on it... 

And MOM he brought it up first!

Well I can appreciate the LORAdmin to not condone any kind of destruction of property to make our displays work for our needs.

Promoting any kind of destruction to private or public property to gain in our displays in not how we should make suggestions for the solutions.

I understand a little sarcasm can be mixed in on comments as we all have a little of that in us to share.

LORAdmin is just sending a friendly Hello when topics seem to go a certain direction. I applaud them for that. :)

Just my thoughts...

Tom

• Like 2