Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights play in HU/SE But Not Show

Brucey

For some reason, my shows are playing music but not turning on the lights in the OnDemand Show app but they work everywhere else. 

I've verified under SE that the ports are configured correctly under Network Preferences.  I checked under Device Manager and I see the USB-Serial port successfully installed, Control Panel is running, I can see and test the lights in the Hardware Utility, if I run the sequence in Sequence Editor, the lights come on as expected, but it's only when I run an OnDemand show that I hear the music but the lights don't come on. 

Anyone ever see this before?

Edited by Brucey

In SE go to top menu and open Play, then make sure Control Lights is checked.

Also make sure the control panel is running.

Edited by Mr. P

10 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

In SE go to top menu and open Play, then make sure Control Lights is checked.

Also make sure the control panel is running.

Yup, Play was selected and CP is running but still no luck.

Edited by Brucey

Yes I did and it reported no errors or warnings.

I'm starting to think it's a driver or interface issue as I took my other laptop, with the exact same configurations, loaded up the show and the lights went on as expected.

I'm thinking of reinstalling the entire LOR suite - make sense or is there something under the covers that I could be missing?  But it's so weird that everything works fine in SE and Hardware Utility...

Edited by Brucey

When you are trying to play the show from the show on demand, do you have either the HU or SE running? Only one program can control the lights at the same time. For example, if you run the HU and then try to run the show player, the HU will still be holding access to the serial ports.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Check the control panel status log for possible loading errors. Open the log by clicking on the light bulb icon in the sys tray.