Light-O-Rama Forums

Wire function determination

zvacman

Hi guys, second year newbie here.  I purchased 4 strings of C7 pixels from Seasonal Entertainment before, well you know.  The problem I've got is that the pixels are mounted in bases that don't  allow access to them to determine direction or wire designation. I can only assume the end with the male plug on it is where to feed the power and data from.  There obviously isn't any support from SE anymore, and from what I have found there really isn't any kind of industry standard as to wire location.  Does anybody have experience with these and know which wire does what? I don't want to connect them wrong and let the magic smoke out of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Z

Most wires will have some sort of indicator on one side. On the edge of the wire are ribs or ridges that will help you determine one side from the other. If not you may have to sacrifice 1 by pulling it apart

Okay, I got the first and last one open. On the side opposite of the chip it is marked +, data, - but there isn't an arrow indicating the direction to feed from.

Z

Providing that Seasonal Entertainment was consistent with their vendors these should feed from the female plug side. At least that's how the square pixels I got from them are. Thanks for your help.

Z

I guess I should answer the question for future hobbyists. The C7 pixels from Seasonal Entertainment feed from the female plug side. The flat wire coming from that side are from the left positive, data, negative.

Z