Light-O-Rama Forums

Need someone to talk me down off the ledge

Sctiger

Ok! I finally downloaded and activated my software, uploaded my first song, and now the panic has set in! lol. I have no idea what I'm doing! Obviously since I'm new, this year will rely heavily on shared/purchased sequences. I'm still going to work on my own sequences since there are a couple of songs I can't seem to find. My question is this, for my first time, is there any type of song that I should or shouldn't be starting with? 

Just for the record, the song I chose was "Santa Can't Stay" by Dwight Yoakam. A underutilized classic in my opinion. I love the beat and it has that certain rhythm to keep your attention. (If you haven't heard it, by all means check it out!)

Others in consideration are "Baby Please Come Home" (U2 Version) and Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (I know! I know! I've already heard about the difficulty!)

Edited by Sctiger

1 minute ago, james morris said:

Have Both of them need email will send

And suddenly I hear the Hallelujah Chorus!  Thanks So much! I'll Pm it!

8 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

And suddenly I hear the Hallelujah Chorus!  Thanks So much! I'll Pm it!

James has that one too. 

• Like 2

James has EVERYTHING!

Lean on shared sequences, there is absolutely no reason to reinvent the wheel when you are starting out.

Copy and paste into a new sequence that has your channel setup and tweak it to your preference. It will actually help you understand the mechanics so your "from scratch" sequences will look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, EdNetman said:

James has EVERYTHING!

Lean on shared sequences, there is absolutely no reason to reinvent the wheel when you are starting out.

Copy and paste into a new sequence that has your channel setup and tweak it to your preference. It will actually help you understand the mechanics so your "from scratch" sequences will look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just crazy enough that it might work! lol  Yes, it does make sense to start with a "template" rather than starting from scratch. 

59 minutes ago, james morris said:

That how I started was using pre-made sequences and adapting them to my setup

+1

I even started with purchased pre-made as I didn't have a flipping clue....

10 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

+1

I even started with purchased pre-made as I didn't have a flipping clue....

Yeah...that pretty much describes me in a nutshell. I actually dreamed about sequencing last night! lol I think my best bet is to go with the ready made versions (Thanks again James!). I'll continue to work on the Dwight Yoakam song this year, but if I don't get it finished in time, no biggie. 

Look on the sequence part of the fourm go back to last christmas I put a lot of sequences there to share let me know the ones you want

2 hours ago, james morris said:

Look on the sequence part of the fourm go back to last christmas I put a lot of sequences there to share let me know the ones you want

Thanks so much! I'd be appreciative of anything. I'd be interested in the Linus speech that I saw mention of and ff you have any Christmas Vacation related, or any Trans Siberian stuff.  I owe y'all big time. One day I hope to be able to repay the favor or at least pay it forward.  

Whats your e mail and I can send you a lot to lay with and work with to help you get started to.

Most of mine are 48 and 80 channels with singing monster faces, and singing Christmas trees.. e mail me and I will send as soon as I have time..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

I see above that you were looking for U2 Baby Please Come Home.  If you got that sequence, would you be able to share that one with me? 

Thanks.

leonardlights@outlook.com