Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone done sequencing their show yet???

debtoews

For the most part I am Deb. Of course i am still looking for pixel tree sequences though :)

Over 70+ songs in 7 days for Halloween.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, debtoews said:

This girl is- YIPEEE!!!

Nope. Still have a few I'm working now. And a friend has her new Christmas EP releasing Nov 1 - so I'll definitely have some last minute programming to do for her. 

• Like 1

Done as well. First year with Halloween so only four songs. Just too much to do with with prop building and getting the lights done. And so much time with Halloween that Christmas will have the same songs (30 in rotation)  but my yard will be arranged differently.

On to the next project...

• Like 1

I will speak from over 10 years experience. A sequence is NEVER done.

There is always some kind of adjustment each time you look at it. That is... if you look at it.

Then the "oh crap" moment of "I didn't notice that before". 

Or the "this would be better if I... moment".

Or the "I saw someone else do this and I want to try it" moment.

But now we add elements and props to that same sequence the next year. So you are going back into that sequence and updating it, adjusting it and messaging it.

Sequences are NEVER done in this hobby.

If you "feel" you are done with that sequence.... are you "really" done with it?

:)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

There is always some kind of adjustment each time you look at it. That is... if you look at it.

But now we add elements and props to that same sequence the next year. So you are going back into that sequence and updating it, adjusting it and messaging it.

If you "feel" you are done with that sequence.... are you "really" done with it?

:)

Yup...DONE. At least THIS season. I know watcha mean though.....those  "oh craps" will wait till next year :P

[emoji4]

Agreed, but there becomes a point in time where I just say screw it too busy building or setting up lol. The only time I will then fix something is if during testing I notice something really bothers me, then the OCD kicks in. I was watching a video from last year the Other day and a screw up I had in the sequence that I didn't notice last year popped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa's Helper, I absolutely agree with your post.   I know all of them well and like stated, a sequence is never done, you're never done.   Every year you add more, every year you will update or modify the previous years sequences for some reason or another, even if it's not to tweak it, but to move things around so your display doesn't look like a canned commercial every year, I move my stuff around every year, hence I have to change every sequence to match the new set up.    Been doing it like this going on year 6 now.

If I visit a display year after year and nothing new or pretty much everything is still in the same place it was the year before and year before that, and only a new song or two is added, well, I lose interest and usually won't visit that display the next year, may go back in another year or two, but if it's still the exact same set up, won't even hang around to watch, will go on to find other displays that change each year. 

But that's just MY preference, your lighting voltages may differ from mine. :)

I'm in complete agreement with Tom.  The only sequences of mine that are "finished" are the ones I've dropped from the playlist over the years.

And even then, there's no guarantee that they'll remain in that condition.  (Can anyone say Wizards?)

I'm on the same page as George and Tom. The only sequences I have that are finished are the ones that I don't play anymore. Since this year I added 48 more AC channels and 6 rgb arches and some other rgb prop upgrades, I'm far from done. Than again, I program songs all year long, so nothing is ever done, just a head start on next year you might say.

Edited by Need more lights
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Man i don't like you!!!! ;)

I want to be done so bad. I have the tree built and the ribbons will go on tomorrow. I have an installer coming by next week to install ribbons on the top of the house. For the most part i am ready. I do have some plugs to swap out with water proof ones though.

But to be honest i am thinking about breaking out my spare RGB card and using that for the santa hat. Right now i have it set for 2 channels but could do 3.

DANG! YOU ARE RIGHT... WE ARE NEVER DONE!!!!

Edited by gsmith37064

I'm not making much of hardware changes this year, but in the spring sale I replaced two older AC controllers with Gen3 controllers, so I could sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar, and then play via intensity files. That means I have 11 more channels in my SuperStar configuration. I also am moving a few other things in the grid in prep for some future changes. That means, all the existing songs need to be tweaked. Making a few sequence changes in the process. I currently have about half the songs completed. Should finish one more this weekend. This is just plain drudgery, but needs to be done. After all the existing songs are completed, I may get one or two songs added before the show season starts.

My sequencing this year includes six new core candy canes, but they are not going to get added until next year. But at least they will already be sequenced.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

3 hours ago, George Simmons said:

(Can anyone say Wizards?)

I have watched so many different videos of this song over the past year... i never grow tired of it. I don't have any TSO going this year but next i was thinking about a 1 night special of nothing but TSO. Who knows...

2 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I have watched so many different videos of this song over the past year... i never grow tired of it. I don't have any TSO going this year but next i was thinking about a 1 night special of nothing but TSO. Who knows...

I think of Wizards as a sort of intro test song, If you can't program Wizards...well...you understand. I was to the point of having to do something with this song and went a different route. In mine, I thought it would be cool to have 2 Wizards doing battle to out do each other, a White Wizard and a Blue Wizard. 

6 minutes ago, Need more lights said:

I think of Wizards as a sort of intro test song, If you can't program Wizards...well...you understand. I was to the point of having to do something with this song and went a different route. In mine, I thought it would be cool to have 2 Wizards doing battle to out do each other, a White Wizard and a Blue Wizard. 

That's an 80's arcade game called Wizards Of Wor i think. Both wizards are in a maze trying to fight each other while watching out for demons.. if i recall right. Wow that's been ages :)

Here we go... trusted old youtube.

Edited by gsmith37064

2 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

That's an 80's arcade game called Wizards Of Wor i think. Both wizards are in a maze trying to fight each other while watching out for demons.. if i recall right. Wow that's been ages :)

You're dating yourself...;)

Edited by Need more lights
  • Like 1