Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it normal.... (no tech questions in this post)

Roxxxtar

2nd year LOR:

Is it normal to grow to hate the songs you have spent hours and hours working on?

Is it normal to not care about using the visualizer, and just be ok with just using the animation preview?

Is it normal to get sick of sequencing, and not do it for a week or two?

Is it normal to get sick of sequencing, decide you're not going to do it for a week or two, and then end up doing it again an hour later?

Is it normal to decide that you're done for the year, you've got a bunch of songs finished, and then you start working on another new song for some reason? lol

Is it normal to hook up a controller or two and some lights, in July, because you just can't wait to see what they're going to look like?

5 big yes and a " you have no idea what's in my living room at this moment "?

Edited by Cdanna77
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Roxxxtar said:

2nd year LOR:

Is it normal to grow to hate the songs you have spent hours and hours working on?

Is it normal to not care about using the visualizer, and just be ok with just using the animation preview?

Is it normal to get sick of sequencing, and not do it for a week or two?

Is it normal to get sick of sequencing, decide you're not going to do it for a week or two, and then end up doing it again an hour later?

Is it normal to decide that you're done for the year, you've got a bunch of songs finished, and then you start working on another new song for some reason? lol

Is it normal to hook up a controller or two and some lights, in July, because you just can't wait to see what they're going to look like?

And your question is?......:-)  perfectly normal and it only grows and grows...

Edited by tomsusie

Kind of supprised at the number or visulizer posts in LOR and the amount of time people must be spending on it.  I played with it initially and just found that I could get idea of my display via animation and not spend so much time doing it.

While I'm not there yet, I can see many answering yes to all your questions.

I've always used the visualizer and when I've seen videos of the animation playing it just makes me cringe for some reason.  The action of it just isn't as good as the visualizer IMO.

51 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Kind of supprised at the number or visulizer posts in LOR and the amount of time people must be spending on it.  I played with it initially and just found that I could get idea of my display via animation and not spend so much time doing it.

Pixels in the animation window are so hard to add. I spent two hours on every sequence adding each dot of my matrix to the animation window before I discovered the visualiser and channel configuration files.

Yes,  No (more on that later),  Yes,  Yes,  Yes,  No

53 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Comparing Animator to Visualizer is in my opinion about like comparing a Model T Ford to any modern car.  Animator is so clunky compared to Visualizer.  The other huge advantage to Visualizer is that you can set up your configuration in visualizer and import that into SuperStar or Pixel Editor.  May not be an issue for the people running a small number of 16 channel controllers that are sequenced in SE, but for thousands of RGB channels, I can't imagine being limited to SE and Animator.

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

I much prefer the visualizer, I setup my whole display with around 10k Channels in about 2 hours. Then can import into pixel editor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to all EXCEPT visualizer, like another, I found it a bit difficult to understand and get set up, so I'm another oddball out that prefers the Animator over Visualizer.    But then again, it all boils down to "PERSONAL PREFERENCE" right?  

So, there is no wrong or right way to set up your lights, etc. in the SE, just personal preference wins out on that one.

I feel I am not alone, this hobby can get a bit over whelming, and very expensive.

Honestly what I do is if I'm working on something and I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed then I start on the next thing, take a break from the first project and then go back.

The expense part yes, that is very true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) No. I only work on songs I enjoy listening to over and over again.

2) Personal preference though I enjoy visualizer and find it fairly easy to use though it was initially a PITA to set up.

3) Yes. Or take a couple months off.

4) Possibly. You decide to stop then hear a song and begin to visualize it synchronized to lights then promptly start cursing again.

5) Done? What's that?

6) Not for me though plenty of people do it. Visualizer is my friend. :)