Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting RGB controller

zvacman

That bridge (interface) will connect to your ethernet port on your computer via cat5. Then you will need to assign an IP address to that bridge, the manual I linked explains everything on how to set up.

To run the 27 ch controler on LORs RS485 you would need an actidongle or an Enttec Pro so it looks like you will be running it on E1.31

I have about 10 of these bad boys. If your wanting to just hook up the lights to make sure they turn on then the DMX controller can do that without getting a DMX signal. Make sure that the dip switch #10 is in the "on" position, connect your lights and then plug it in and it will cycle through the RGB colors. If you want to test a sequence or a specific channel then it has to be hooked up via a DMX port on your E1.31 controller. Or it can be connected through the Actidongle that HC sells. I also have one of these and it works great for testing if I don't want to haul out my E1.31 controller 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BMurray said:

I have about 10 of these bad boys. If your wanting to just hook up the lights to make sure they turn on then the DMX controller can do that without getting a DMX signal. Make sure that the dip switch #10 is in the "on" position, connect your lights and then plug it in and it will cycle through the RGB colors. If you want to test a sequence or a specific channel then it has to be hooked up via a DMX port on your E1.31 controller. Or it can be connected through the Actidongle that HC sells. I also have one of these and it works great for testing if I don't want to haul out my E1.31 controller 

Good post, I was struggling not knowing exactly what he had. I had to go looking.  :wacko:

Edited by Mr. P

Monkey wrench time! I also have a Falcon controller that if I'm not mistaken will out put DMX for these controllers.?

1 minute ago, zvacman said:

Monkey wrench time! I also have a Falcon controller that if I'm not mistaken will out put DMX for these controllers.?

Now you tell us  :blink:

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Now you tell us  :blink:

Does that help? I am so far in over my head.  The Falcon is going to be a fair distance away from the first RGB controller. Maybe 150 feet.