Light-O-Rama Forums

Need a new song

mcompanik

For several years, I have used "Favorite Time of Year" by Aly and AJ to start our show on opening night. We have all of our neighbors over and have the kids push a button to start the show. I am looking for suggestions for a new song. It needs to be a high energy song that also starts out that way. I am interested in what everyone will suggest. Thanks in advance and Happy Sequencing!

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Michael W. Smith version of Jingle Bells is a great upbeat, modern version that most of my viewers enjoy.

Using that one this year- great song!

We every year start our show with no lights on, just the voice over of clark griswald twinkle lights, then always start the show with Christmas Vacation.

Its kinda hard to see but this is how I start my show..

and this is one of the ways I close it. I do have a couple different for each as back up for different shows.

• Like 2

I haven't seen anyone do it yet but Aretha's version of "Joy to the World" is spot on! I hope to have it one day myself! Dwight Yoakam's "Santa Can't Stay" is good too.  Of course, I haven't seen it either.  I'm beginning to think my taste in music is a little different! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Each year I've done something different as my intro.  This year I'm struggling a bit coming up with something so I may end up doing the Christmas Vacation Intro again.  I made my own audio tracks for them using Audacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By__1S1tuxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJxWlYV82U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKCK6j-iAhg

• Like 1

Like just about everybody else I suppose, I use the opening song to try to wow viewers.  I figure if they got there early enough to make sure they got a good viewing space they deserve something for their effort.  For me, I use it to check the lights.  I sequence them so I can walk from one side of our yard to the other side of the neighbor's during the course of the song and see all the lights in action in the given places I'll be during the song. 

I also used the 20th Century Fox opening our first couple of years.  Got bored and moved on to 2001 Space Odyssey/Nutrock as the opening number.  Got bored with that and moved on to Oh Yeah.  Last year I started feeling the opening was getting old, which means I'm in the market for a new opening song for 2017.  I'll never use a traditional Christmas song to start the show - there's enough of that going around already by Thanksgiving.  Keep us posted.

• Like 1

I made my own intro...the voices are me, with the help of Audacity. It usually gets a laugh. I loop this with about 10 songs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Need more lights said:

I made my own intro...the voices are me, with the help of Audacity. It usually gets a laugh. I loop this with about 10 songs. 

I laughed too. 

Nice. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Like just about everybody else I suppose, I use the opening song to try to wow viewers.  I figure if they got there early enough to make sure they got a good viewing space they deserve something for their effort.  For me, I use it to check the lights.  I sequence them so I can walk from one side of our yard to the other side of the neighbor's during the course of the song and see all the lights in action in the given places I'll be during the song. 

I also used the 20th Century Fox opening our first couple of years.  Got bored and moved on to 2001 Space Odyssey/Nutrock as the opening number.  Got bored with that and moved on to Oh Yeah.  Last year I started feeling the opening was getting old, which means I'm in the market for a new opening song for 2017.  I'll never use a traditional Christmas song to start the show - there's enough of that going around already by Thanksgiving.  Keep us posted.

As always George great work.  Makes me miss my yard back east.

I love that intro, made me laugh! I like when he "shakes it" to fix it. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 6:25 AM, james morris said:

Caniac have the coke holidays are coming will share give email

Already have that one or were you wanting me to share?

1 hour ago, caniac said:

Already have that one or were you wanting me to share?

Chet - I'd love a copy of the Coke Holidays sequence.

dcdpkpr@cox.net

Thanks,

Daniel