Light-O-Rama Forums

Just bought a 16 Pixel tree, what can I do with it??

brmorr

Ok, not new to the whole LOR experience, but just bought a 16 Pixel tree in the summer sale. What can I do with it? I am currently running 2 controllers and 4 singing trees controlled by the showtime central and FM transmitter. 

Can I add sequences to the showtime central show for the Pixel tree? Does someone sell sequences, etc.. for the tree?

Let me know all the options I have and would love to see some stuff you have done with this LOR Pixel tree kit!!

Thanks!!

You can buy 12 and 16 string tree seuqneces.  One popular source is holidaysequences.com. They're something like $50 per sequences.

For a particular song, you can buy 16 tree sequences and combine them with an existing sequences you already have for other light elements.

Steps to getting moving on:

1) get tree frame/lights build and added

2) Setup LOR to handle the new CCR's/controllers

3) Buy a single 16 tree sequence to practices with before buying more. Would also give you a chance to combine new ccr and existing sequence.

I don't have this exact kit, but I think it's the same pixels. My tree is 25 pixels tall and 12 strands across. I attached mine to a wood frame for easier storage and is not a wrap around tree. It's more of a tapered matrix. Here's a video of mine in action.

Do you have Superstar Sequencer? They say it's not a must, but I can't imagine sequencing without it. There are different purchase options, ie. how many channels you can export. If you decide to get it, contact the help desk with what you have and they will help you decide what you need.

Edited by default

• 2 months later...

Ok, figured I should revisit this since I just got my payment in for this from the summer sale(they finally have these trees).

Since I will not have a ton of time to mess with it since my show is up and running already, is there is a quick easy was I can add this 400 pixel tree kit to my showtime director and have it do a song or two? Or does it need to be run a different way? 

Let me know and if anyone has a sequence or two they would like to share, it would be great. I just need to figure out the learning curve quickly and then I will add my own.

Thanks!!!!

I see that is a 16 strings of 25 pixels tree.  That makes it a little harder to purchase sequences for it since most of the purchasable sequences are for 50 string trees.  That does not mean that there are not sequences available for purchase for it, I just don't know of any (but I don't have a reason to look either as my tree is 12 strings of 50 pixels).  I point this out so you don't purchase something that you can't immediately use.