Light-O-Rama Forums

What are you adding to your show this year?

Mr. P

I am planning on adding is my small Flying Santa Sleigh with Reindeer.

I am planning on modifying my Axworthy flying ghost to have a Santas Sleigh and run it as part of my Christmas display.

It actually will run complete separate of my LOR and will be running off a 12 v marine battery with a trickle charger attached to charge it. I did run a test for halloween and it will run for approx 6 hrs off the battery alone between charging. I use a 12 v Saturn Windshield Wiper motor as the motor for it.

2 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

I am planning on adding is my small Flying Santa Sleigh with Reindeer.

I am planning on modifying my Axworthy flying ghost to have a Santas Sleigh and run it as part of my Christmas display.

I was telling the wife the other day I wanted to do that too.  Only thing is trying to find a prop small And light enough to be able to run on it.  Will have to wait for for Christmas things to be put out after Halloween.  If you find something that would work good post it here.  I'll do the same.  Good hunting! 

Ended up putting our matrix up yesterday...

Holy crap is it bright at night!

Can't wait to play around with it for Halloween and then hopefully I can use it in a meaningful way for Christmas this year. :)

Nice Matrix Jeff, but you might want to change the word programming for that song from Wizards of Winter to Wizards "in" Winter. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Nice Matrix Jeff, but you might want to change the word programming for that song from Wizards of Winter to Wizards "in" Winter. :)

Yes, I did that... uh... as a test for you guys. LOL.

• Like 1

Well since the high tech world of the LOR Forum "only" allows 4 Likes and I'm not done for the day, I'm making my own Like for JeffF above.

"LIKE" :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2016 at 11:26 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

I have some white incans still in my show which just wont die!   Die will ya just die!    They dont even have dementia yet at 7 years old.    I am of the opinion that is takes a LONG LONG time to make up the extra cost of LED strands over incans in electricity savings. If ever.  Unfortunately I have thrown LED strands away which burned out.  The early unsealed ones corroded and the blue just stopped working.    This badly impacts the ROI if you are looking for cheapest strand route.    However,  for my show the switch to LED strands has been good and I have no plans to ever buy incans again.  The extra cost is worth it.  I find the LEDs much less likely to stop in the rain by tripping the GFCI.  And LEDs have given me easier options for power cords and the number of circuits needed.    

Its not close to fair to compare costs of LED strands and controllers to smart RGB controllers. Strands lose by a lot.  I have many pixels in my show but have retained strands and AC controllers for the 'retro' look of them.  And also they just wont DIE!

Dug up this old thread I recall posting in.    Today I have decided to retire my last incan prop and its two AC controllers.  Some how I feel kinda sad about it because it was still working and just would not go quietly in the night to incan heaven.       Now my show is finally all led.  Still 12 ac controllers with LED strands and the rest pixels. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Haha 1

If you don't care about total cost, well -  there is still the LED blue is so much more vibrant - couldn't ever see going back to incans. 

What am I adding? Double the strands on mega tree, added (8) 4-color mini trees, (2) new marty fans and duplicated George's face!

I'm cool this year....

So, for 2017 we added 5 pixel wreaths, 6 coro canes, and 18 mini spiral pixel tree things. 

For 2018 we are changing all of our roof lights out to strawberry pixel things... We are adding a giant Mickey pixel head to the roof over the garage, and we are changing all of our bush lights out to bullet nodes. Oh, and we are changing all pixel strips on the house to bullet nodes. Hopefully they don't fail as much as the strips have. 

For 2019 we are adding a pixel tree, and our DMX heads! :)

Not sure what we are doing for 2020 yet! :lol:

This Year We took the big leap to Pixels.  7674 Pixel lights controlled by 6 LOR PixCon16 boards. 

One Mega Tree (16-100 strand Pixel lights) over 20ft tall. 

8 Boysen Candy Canes

10 spiral trees 5 wrapped with Pixel lights and 5 with Pixel strips

8 Leaping arches with Pixel Strips

4 large globes and 4 Small globes wrapped with Pixel lights

Roof, windows, and corners all done with Pixel lights.

8 Ray Wu Pixel Icicle light sets 

One giant Bow with  299 Pixel lights. 

Next year should be doubling lights. 

Rob 

I hope to have a video up as soon as I can get time to do one. 

• The topic was locked