Light-O-Rama Forums

What are you adding to your show this year?

Mr. P

I live on a corner lot and my side yard has been pretty bare in the past so this year I am adding:

- a Christmas tree farm on the side lot with about 25 trees ranging from 3-8 feet tall with a lighted archway entrance lit up.

- four 5' candy cane poles with lighted tops and each pole will have a sign with a different holiday quote

- four driveway arches with smart pixels

- four yard arches with smart pixels

- 300 feet of perimeter lighting with brilliant bulbs

Are you planning on selling the Christmas trees to help pay for your display?  Definitely adding more to your display this year than me.  I'm only adding a 12 strip pixel tree with a smart pixel(node) star this year.  You must have a nice budget to work with adding all this at once.

I'm adding a 32x50 CCP tree for my front yard,8 dumb ribbons for the windows, a new computer instead of running the shows from the onboard SD because of the channel/network requirements, a bunch of more animations/decorations, a and a host of other miscellaneous lights/fixtures around the place.

And still not done, thinking of adding some arches or candy canes around the yard.  it's good/bad to live on a corner unit with lots of space to fill.  Last year was V.1, this year is upgraded V2..

20 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Are you planning on selling the Christmas trees to help pay for your display?  Definitely adding more to your display this year than me.  I'm only adding a 12 strip pixel tree with a smart pixel(node) star this year.  You must have a nice budget to work with adding all this at once.

No selling, these will all be fake lighted trees with fake gifts around the bottoms. Wifes project.

Edited by Mr. P

everything, This is my first ever show:

1 LOR AC - running 240V rope lights

• 4 house outline (aqua)
  • 8 mini trees (4 red, 4 green)
  • 4 spirals (blue)

4 Pixel arches

4 Singing Christmas trees

A few miscellaneous non-programmed lights

I'm adding:

• 16 more channels
  • 5 large stars on the house (which I bought from a fellow forum member)
  • a small 8-channel spiral tree
  • 14 lighted animals
  • 4 lighted trellis trees

* Smart strips around the windows and house trim

* 10 watt flood ( 20 )

* 50 watt RGB flood ( 6 )

* 50 watt UV flood

* Rope light singing monsters (4 )

* 20 foot Glow Web from the SpiderWebMan

* Foam carved singing pumpkin with RGB

* 9 Plaster skulls with RGB

* RGB glow characters  ( 15 )

Edited by BMurray
Spelling

4 minutes ago, BMurray said:

* 20 foot Glow Web from the SpiderWebMan

Those Glow Webs are pretty awesome, I have three of them.

• Like 1

64Ch R,W,G,B spiral tree, not sure about how tall yet

15CH flamingo tree, 13CH flamingos, 2Ch W,P

16 more 10w floods pointed at the street

made this sign

13731719_1747841568787381_53231368876070

Not much this year.  Most of the planned stuff is being put off due to higher priority funding requirements.  My sequences all have 6 added Coro Candy canes, but they won't happen until next year.  I am adding some perimeter lights (GE Color Effects) that I bought from another forum member last year, and I will get three 10W RGB floods that were also bought last year installed before I go live for Christmas.  The biggest expense was two new Gen3 controllers to replace two older ones so I could run everything as intensity files from SuperStar.

Getting into smart pixels in my 3rd year of LOR.

Adding:

1) 125 light 4ft pixel wreath. Used the holidaycoro "C9 brillant" bulbs and really exicted how it turned out.

2) Dripping icicles using ws2811 rectangle modules. Folding translucent corrugated plastics into square tubes to insert the lights which are mounted on a think strip of corrugated plastics. . Found silicon caps for the ends of the bubes. Build 9 tubes, all 2ft in length to give me some sequencesing option over and above just using them as icicles.

3) 1 test 6ft twig tree with 160 pixels. Will add more trees for next season. 

Will be my first year in having display items on the 2nd story and out in the year. Getting closer to my "planned" display.

This our first year! So not sure what we're doing yet! Just got a starter package. Super excited to start this new addiction! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angie Whitecotton said:

This our first year! So not sure what we're doing yet! Just got a starter package. Super excited to start this new addiction! 

From a fellow addict.....Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

I am adding a 1200 pixel matrix, 8 boscoyo canes, 8 boscoyo glow trees (maybe more), 4 boscoyo snow flakes, 4 more leaping arches, and a mini matrix for my tune to sign. I am switching completely over to rgb. I also just moved into my new house so I have a ton of work to do. I hope I can get it all done!!!!!!!

Our display here in St. Louis we are adding 3 singing faces after seeing Marty Slacks tree faces on Christmas Utah, they looked awesome. Also adding a few reindeer, some playing Hockey to get in on the Blues 50th anniversary. Still want to add a new song but haven't even decided on a song. Set up starts in 33 days.

I am working on adding some HolidayCoro DMX props (pixel and dumb RGB) to my show. Will include (assuming I get it figured out in time) 16 pixel ribbons for the house outline, 8 pixel Candy Canes and 8 dumb RGB Mini Christmas Trees. May add another 16 Tomato Cage Christmas Trees. 

I just came across the LOR Pixel Editor this week. Had forgot it was in my Pro license. Trying to figure out how to use it to get my show ready. Am pretty much lost so far going through the tutorials and PDFs I have looked at. Hoping it clicks soon.