Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Controller Mounting

LOR User

Greetings everyone,

I am brand new to the LOR world. I took advantage of the Summer Sale and picked up two CCB with controller sets and the Residential Series 16 Channel Starter Package with the Pro level software. My first venture on this forum has to do with mounting the CCB controllers. I would like to install the CCB strings across the front of our house (under the rain gutter). I know 4 strings will cover the span. Based on the product photos, I would assume I have to mount the controllers behind the fascia board at two different locations (String 1.1, Controller 1, String 1.2, String 2.1, Controller 2, String 2.2). And then run extension cords to the controller boxes for power. Is this correct? Or are there other options? Speaking of extension cords, what gauge is recommended for the CCB controllers? (I previously bought a roll of the SPT-1 wire with plugs but I don't know if the wire can handle the load.) The strings will be attached to PVC pipe so the pipe can be used as a conduit for the power/data cords.

After looking at the software, I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dave

You have the mounting concept correct. As for power, they don't draw much. I have my three CCP controllers on a single SPT-1 power cord. You will also likely have a piece of Cat-5 cable between them. You should keep the power and network cables apart.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked