Light-O-Rama Forums

G3 Version 1.02 and 1.06 & S4 software?

Rvalights

Hi,

I've been using S3.1 sequencing software for awhile but looking to upgrade to S4...hoping some of the new upgrades are helpful.  Are there any issues with the S4 software and LOR Controllers 16PC G3 versions 1.04 and 1.06? Does it require any firmware updates to the controllers?

Thanks in advance,

Melanie

The older Gen3 controllers MAY require a firmware update in order to use Enhanced LOR protocol.  Enhanced LOR protocol is required if you are using intensity files from either Pixel Editor or SuperStar.  Pixel Editor only outputs intensity files, so if you want to use PE, you must be able to use intensity files.  SuperStar can output in intensity file format, or in the legacy format.  If you are not using either PE or SS,the data format can be the same as before.  BTW, if you are planning on using intensity files, you MUST have a PRO level LOR license.  Hint: if you need to renew your software license in order to load S4, if you upgrade your license, that also renews it.  So don't pay for a renewal, and then pay for an upgrade.

And yes, S4 adds a lot of new features.  Highly recommended.

I think I'm sticking with S3 and SS software for this season.  Thank you so much for the information regarding the intensity files that will be helpful!

Melanie

34 minutes ago, Rvalights said:

I think I'm sticking with S3 and SS software for this season.

I agree that it's a bit late in the season to want to do an upgrade.  But plan on it early next year.  There are a lot of improvement with S4.  BTW, a rumor has S5 coming out next year - we'll see...

35 minutes ago, Rvalights said:

Thank you so much for the information regarding the intensity files that will be helpful!

Intensity files change the game somewhat.  I was forced into them last year because my old slow show computer was running out of CPU horsepower on fast songs.  Switching to intensity files brought it back down to about 20% CPU load at the most.  But it takes a PRO level license (I upgraded to pro within less than one hour after it had been announced) after having used some of the features during the beta test.