Light-O-Rama Forums

CTP16PC-ReadyToGO question

mooreryanj89

I have tried to search for my main answer and haven't found an answer just yet...hopefully that is a good sign. Backstory: So I usually do a lot of research before I buy something but this hobby/cult is kinda overwhelming when first trying to do this, so I bought something and thinking it would automatically just work out, since we are in the 21st century, so please let me be right.

1. I bought CTP16PC-ReadyToGO, will this plug in CCBulb 100 bulb set?

2. Will CTP16PC-ReadyToGO plug in CCPixel 100 pixel set?

That is my main two questions. Also for a bonus newbie question: 

1. I then bought Brilliant Bulb™ - The RGB Pixel Strawberry C9 Bulb [709 - Brilliant Bulb Spacing:String of 50 12v Brilliant Bulbs / 12" Center to Center Spacing from HolidayCoro, will this work with the CTP16PC-ReadyToGO?

Thank you again for any help, if you give me the answer of "no none of this will work", I just might turn into a full form of Grinch. 

Edited by mooreryanj89

When you say work with do you mean plug in to? No, the CCP and CCB are separate with their own controllers attached. The CTB16PC are for 110v light strings that you would buy from say Walmart or somewhere.

They will all connect together with cat5

Edited by Mr. P

Ok, everything I thought just got thrown out the window. So Technically I didn't need to buy the CTB16PC if say, I was going to outline my house with the CCB?

No, not really. CCP, CCB and CCR all have their own controllers attached to them and run on either 12v or 5v. The CTB16PC are for 110v lights like the ones you would put on your Christmas tree and plug into the wall.

The brilliant bulbs that you mentioned also take a separate type of controller as well such as the LOR Pixcon or new Pixie controllers.

Edited by Mr. P

Yeah, I just received them...no plug in outlet, just three wires. Guessing those wires hook up to a controller that I need to buy. 

3 minutes ago, mooreryanj89 said:

What controller should have I bought to use with CCB? 

CCB has their own controller built into them. Do not get the LOR CCB and Holidaycoro brilliant bulb confused as they are not the same.

Edited by Mr. P

Those 3 wires will also go to specific places, if you miswire them, you're going to let the magic smoke out of those RGB lights.  That is you will destroy them and they'll have to be replaced.   One wire should be +, one for - and I think the 3rd goes to the Data line if memory serves correct.