Light-O-Rama Forums

First new props for the new year

1983ss454

IMG_1555.JPG.533b600a4556fa615d382aee037IMG_0167.jpeg.db4b9c2995dc67baa8248af327

My new house has 3 large oak trees in the front yard, so naturally we decided to build a couple planes to fly in between them. The smaller one is a Sopwith Camel that will be flown by snoopy and the tri plane is the Red Baron. The props in the front are motorized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Wow... please post the video of it in action. VERY VERY COOL!

I will when I have the characters made and the planes painted.

This is the stuff we did since the early 80's, we just only recently got into computer controlled about 4-5 years ago. I have a very hybrid display, I have a lot of pixels, regular lights, singing faces and Lots of motorized plywood cut outs.

• Like 1

Do you have youtube or website with anything on it now from previous years? I cannot wait to see :)

• Like 1

Older stuff is on YouTube under 1983ss454, newer stuff is under my name Anthony Bigda. Also my wife has quite a bit of pictures and videos on the Facebook page "Santa's house by the Bigda's"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very awesome man.  In a day of pixel-this and ccr-that it is very awesome to see that bad-ass display props are still being built.  

Very awesome man.  In a day of pixel-this and ccr-that it is very awesome to see that bad-ass display props are still being built.  

Thanks

I still have the modern stuff as well. These have been the last few weeks projects

https://vimeo.com/188929388https://vimeo.com/188929613

That looks good too. 

I have C9s trimming my house so if/when I go to pixels I'd go with the bigger bulbs like you as opposed to the more dense strips.    Good job.  

• The topic was locked