Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with channels

gil7858

hello all,

This is my first attempt to putting together a sequence. I have a regular 16 channel controller and also bound the 8 pack of 10w dumb RGB floods with the 8 channel controller and the basic plus S4. My question is, how do I set up 8 channels in order to control the RGB floods? Ive looked at the tutorials and it doesn't seem to be mentioned at all. The videos I've seen on youtube are Chinese. Thanks in advance

Hi, Start with this tutorial, it will help you get an idea of how to add the 16 regular channels if you haven't already done so...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbT21r8ffkA&feature=youtu.be

Adding RGB channels is just as easy, once you have your 16 regular channels added to the sequence editor right click on the lowest channel which should be channel 16. A menu should pop up and you should be able to select " insert device below ". As you're running the 10w floods you are likely using the CMB24D controller so select that and you'll see that the sequence editor adds 8 RGB channels for you. Check out this link at 4:57 to see how you can do this. Pay no attention to the fact that he's using DMX in the video, you are likely using LOR for now. At 4:57 it just shows you what the drop down list looks like.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q4-qgIqDw

You could also select the " add multiple RGB channels below " function and it will ask you how many channels to add and enter 8.

Don't forget to assign each controller it's own individual unit ID. The default setting for your 16 ch controller will be 01 so you will likely assign the CMB24D unit ID 02.

I hope this post isn't confusing, I'm on nights and it's late.

Welcome to the addiction and good luck!

• Like 1

Thank oilmoney, I finally started figuring it all out.

any tips of trying to do singing faces? I wanted to just buy it done already but haven't found any for Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare. Thanks again!

a lot of people use papagogo  to sequence singing faces. I personally haven't done faces yet but my neighbor wants singing faces on her house so I might be starting soon...

Papagayo from lostmarble.com

Get the old version

Or try xLights you can program your singing faces and then convert to LOR

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, OzAz said:

Papagayo from lostmarble.com

Get the old version

Or try xLights you can program your singing faces and then convert to LOR

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will do