Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar with CCR tree AND CCB arches ?

htebault

I have been successful with Superstar on my CCR tree, with star - now I am adding four CCB arches and am trying to resolve HOW to program them with the Advanced license. I think my option is to use Superstar for the CCB arches - but I already have the CCR tree and star set and don't see an easy way to setup both in Superstar, or flip flop between the CCR and CCB elements.  Had anyone already resolved this?

I currently configure the CCR tree in Superstar then cut/paste those channels into a Sequence that has the other LOR channels also programmed for the music.

7 minutes ago, htebault said:

I currently configure the CCR tree in Superstar then cut/paste those channels into a Sequence that has the other LOR channels also programmed for the music.

Do the same thing for the arches. There is an arch template in your files or you can use the arch wizard which is one of the buttons at the top.

In Superstar, I have the CCR tree and Star visual.  What should I do - change to Arches, or add them into the Superstar display?

I have created the CCB arches in Visualizer, and had tried to import the visualizer - but there are other LOR light strings I don't want to change, so I opted to build the four CCB arches in a SS session alone and plan to program the arches by them selves and then edit them into a sequence file manually...

I am trying to avoid re sequencing all my LOR files - and just adding the sequencing for the 4 CCB arches I am adding this year. If there is a better way to do it, I am open for any suggestion.

So, in a legacy sequence text file, can I pull just from the "<channel name = " as the start of the copy and then go to the " /cosmicColorDevice>" as the end of copy ? Pasting them into an existing LOR sequence

EXAMPLE -

<channels>

<channel name="CCR01-P01-Red  " color="255" centiseconds="6070" deviceType="LOR" unit="6" circuit="1" savedIndex="0">

[Lots of sequencing data not included here]

</channelGroups>

</cosmicColorDevice>

</channels>

As a second part of this method to program the CCB arches and add them into existing shows - I have found I can use SS to create just a 4 CCB arch sequence, export that to an SE file, then open that by itself. That results in just the 4 CCB items being programmed.  I then open an existing full SE sequence (same song) and can Cntl-C / V the full rows of programming between the open files - that way, I let LOR programs do the text sequence file editing.

I just did this for one brief song, and it seems to be a fairly simply way to only program the 4 CCB arches I need to incorporate.

What I have settled on to modify my shows that have both LOR 16 channel light controllers and a 12 CCR tree I program with Superstar. The resulting file I have in Sequence Editor and view in Visualizer.

To add in the two CCB strings (100 lights each), I could use either Pixel Editor, or Superstar.

I find setting Superstar for the 4 Arches, then programming to the same music, I can then export a SE classic file, open it in SE, and then paste those CCB channels into a full sequence file from last year.

Pixel editor is another animal. I am trying to use it, but it does not seem to update the SE file - and has its own file tool set. I will keep trying, but it looks like SS is a better tool for me to add in CCB string arches into my existing SE files.

The way to use the pixel editor is to open your sequence from last year in the pixel editor and just add  effects for your arches  save intensity file and your done.

On 8/27/2016 at 1:01 PM, htebault said:

So, in a legacy sequence text file, can I pull just from the "<channel name = " as the start of the copy and then go to the " /cosmicColorDevice>" as the end of copy ? Pasting them into an existing LOR sequence

The short answer is no - BUT.  Yes you can if you REALLY understand the xml file format.  There is more to it than just copying and pasting parts of two files.

Better way would be to add the channels in SE to your existing sequence, then copy and paste from the SS Export into those new channels.

As far as not wanting to re-sequence your existing sequences, I fully understand.  That said, for future sequences, create a visualization of every channel in your show and import that into SuperStar, and sequence everything in SuperStar.  It makes it SO much easier having it all show up at the same time rather than do a little in this program and do some more in something else and piece it together.  Because of limitations in S3, I did run split, but with S4, that is no longer an issue.