Light-O-Rama Forums

light show

philw

LOR has no 'automatic' type function. Anything that you see in a LOR show has to be programmed by someone via the Sequence Editor, Superstar Editor or Pixel Editor.

All you have to do is create an animation sequence instead of a musical sequence. When you are creating your show schedule you just fill in the gaps between shows ( what you refer to lights on randomly, I call it a filler sequence ) with the animation sequence. When the time comes for your musical sequence to once again start it will override the animated sequence. I learned this the hard way last year, I was calculating the start/stop times for my musical sequence and my filler sequence down to the second! This is much easier!

23 minutes ago, philw said:

Hi

If you have finished running your sequence show and just want to have your lights on randomly is there such a function with LOR 

Thanks

Hi

Thanks will make one now,

I take you just make the number of channel you want and just turn on/off/fade etc randomly to make a filler sequence.

2 hours ago, philw said:

Hi

Thanks will make one now,

I take you just make the number of channel you want and just turn on/off/fade etc randomly to make a filler sequence.

yeppers

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with the above. Create a filler sequence. If you want, you can even program that to act as a countdown to when the show will start. People should start to catch on.

Yep, as others have said, just create a filler sequence.  When we had problems we vandals, rather than have the lights be off all night once the show hours were over, I opted to add a 7-hour animation sequence would have different elements come on - sometimes once every minute, or two minutes, or five minutes.  They'd stay on 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 3 minutes - it was all over the map with absolutely NO rhyme or reason to what lit up, when it lit up, or how long.  That way potential vandals had NO IDEA when they'd get lit up light a Christmas tree (pun intended) and be well visible on my cameras, which record my entire front yard.  It seemed to work - after I put that sequence in place, no more vandals.