Light-O-Rama Forums

total newbie

Newfielights

hi guys i am a total newbie to the lor systems and just purchased my first control box and the s4 basic software came withe the kit i purchased.im trying to figure out how to save files within the editor as it dont give me that option. im wonderig do i all ready have to shell out more to upgrade the software in order to use this system. thanks in advance  

To save sequence files: {2 ways to do it}

#1 {easiest} You should see a small icon of a disk on your SE toolbar, this is where you can click to save the sequence.

If the disk icon is grayed out, it usually means the sequence has been saved prior, as a new sequence should have the disk icon visible, however once you make and save a/any change{s}, this icon will get grayed out, but when, and if you make further changes, the icon will reappear to allow you to save each successive change{s} you make in the sequence.

or

#2. You can save it by going to the "File" tab and then selecting either Save or Save As to save the sequence.

You would do this after each successive change to the sequence.

Edited by Orville

I thought the same thing at first, you don't need a license to "SAVE" a sequence, that can be done in DEMO mode.  The License is for being able to actually talk to and control lights on a controller.  If they can't control lights, they are in DEMO mode, but if they can control lights, they have a license.

But whether licensed or DEMO, both allow you to save your work.  I started using the demo version and saved many sequences that I updated when I finally purchased my license, which got upgraded less than a month later to the highest level at the time.

I assume you are talking about trying to save in Sequence Editor.

The Save button and menu item will be grayed out until you make any change to the sequence.  As soon as any change is made, the button and menu item will no longer be greyed out.  Even if there are no changes, the "Save As" menu item should be available.

Even a demo license can save files.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

11 hours ago, Newfielights said:

I have the basic version of the software license installed but under the file tab the save is greyed out.  Thanks in advance for your help 

Save As should still be available under the File tab no matter what has or hasn't been done to a sequence.   If Save and the Disk Icon on the tool bar at the top of the screen are grayed out, it means the sequence has been saved previously or you just loaded a sequence to work on it, if you loaded a previously saved sequence, Save on the File tab and the Disk Icon on the toolbar in the SE will both be grayed out.

Just click on the off icon{red square} and then click on any square that has nothing in it, you should then see the Disk Icon appear on the toolbar, click it to save the sequence, now it should be grayed out again, after you make a change anywhere in the sequence, the icon will always reappear so you can save it.