Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB for arches - visualizer fixture setup

htebault

I have used CCR's for my tree for several years. I am now changing my arch out to use CCB's. I have resolved how to set the unit ID to have two units for each CCB - and see I can reverse where the #1 light will be.

What I am struggling with now is how to properly configure the Fixture/Props to define what I plan to do.  (software 4.3.14 advanced)

CCB Arch 1 - CCB Arch 2 (run by CB100d-1) and CCB Arch 3 - CCB Arch 4 (run by CB100d-2)

I had not been yet successful to locate a shared example of this element for the Visualizer - I am hacking away with visualizer trying to get it done without success yet.

I am using CCPs for my arches - a full string of 50 pixels for each arch.  I have it set up so each string is a separate unit ID (Dual Normal mode).  Other than my having six arches, it sounds like we are very similar.  In Visualizer, I have each arch as a separate fixture and all six arches in a single prop.  I can easily send you prop and fixture files if desires when I'm home this evening.

BTW, you can see my arches at:

http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

This video is about 2 years old and there's no audio, but I believe it will get you what you want to accomplish.

On 8/22/2016 at 2:49 PM, k6ccc said:

I am using CCPs for my arches - a full string of 50 pixels for each arch.  I have it set up so each string is a separate unit ID (Dual Normal mode).  Other than my having six arches, it sounds like we are very similar.  In Visualizer, I have each arch as a separate fixture and all six arches in a single prop.  I can easily send you prop and fixture files if desires when I'm home this evening.

BTW, you can see my arches at:

http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

Thanks - after reading this, and reviewing the brief video - I was able to create the CCB arch. My sticking point seemed to be the proper settings in the Arch wizard - setting the Size to 50, Number of Seqments to 1 and Pixels per Segment to 50. With that set, it seems to work. Wish the CCB manual had this note on how to setup the Visualizer, but as always the Forum members really know their stuff...

Edited by htebault

31 minutes ago, htebault said:

Thanks, having a prop/fixture to examine would help. My email is hugh@tebault.org. I had looked at your arches and plan to build mine about the same. I am deciding what pipe size to use - about 1 1/2 inch I think - My old arch was wrapped around 3/4" pvc, this the CCB lamps either drilled and gluded into holes, or slide the whole string inside the pipe with the CCB's tied off at 2" on center...

I will send off a prop file most likely later this evening.  My arches (in case you did not look at the link I included earlier) are built with the CCPs drilled into the back side of 3/4 inch PEX tubing.

• The topic was locked