Light-O-Rama Forums
Ed K

Change to a Pixel Editor Effect Does not Stick

When I change the color selection for a "twinkle" effect on a prop, and click on OK and then click Restart, PE correctly displays the new colors in the small window of the Effect Generator for the prop.

However, when I close the Effect Generator window, and run just that portion of the sequence with the twinkle effect on the prop, the color of the twinkle effect goes back to the prior color section. It acts as tho I did not make any change to the colors of the effect.

There are no other effects on this prop, in this part of my sequence.

How did you open the Effect Generator? If you double-click on an effect in the grid, the Effect Generator will open and any changes you make should be saved back to the effect on the grid when you click OK to close the generator.

If you just click the Effect Generator button on the toolbar, any changes you make become the "current effect", but it doesn't change the effects already in the grid.

Matt

On 8/21/2016 at 5:24 PM, Ed K said:

When I change the color selection for a "twinkle" effect on a prop, and click on OK and then click Restart, PE correctly displays the new colors in the small window of the Effect Generator for the prop.

However, when I close the Effect Generator window, and run just that portion of the sequence with the twinkle effect on the prop, the color of the twinkle effect goes back to the prior color section. It acts as tho I did not make any change to the colors of the effect.

There are no other effects on this prop, in this part of my sequence.

Another way to change it is Highlight the effect, right click, select modify then OK.That will change the effect in the timeline.

SPaschall

Thanks very much, your tips work.

Ed