Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you get during this Summer Sale

Mr. P

5 hours ago, pikadroo said:

Nothing... I've broken the cycle of addiction. Feels pretty good. :lol:

Drew

So how often do you go to support group meetings? Do you have a support member you can call when you get the urge? :)

19 hours ago, pikadroo said:

Nothing... I've broken the cycle of addiction. Feels pretty good. :lol:

Drew

Excuse me...is there a Dr. in the house? Drew needs some therapy.  

• Like 1

Yep, Drew has flew the cuckoo's nest. Fallin off his rocker.

It was just a matter of time before one of us broke. Just didn't think it would happen so early in the season. But the sale pushed him over the edge.

I got 3 Pixie4 controllers for pixels on the roofline. Too expensive to do several Pixcon16s or obtrusive to run lots of extra wiring, so I'm wading through uncharted waters to accomplish it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Excuse me...is there a Dr. in the house? Drew needs some therapy.  

No doc but there is a Nurse  :-)

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

No you can't,,,,,,,,No you can't,,,,,,time is running out.  :)

LOL, you're not helping...

1 hour ago, Brucey said:

I'm trying to fight the urge to get another controller (or two)...I can do it...I can do it....I can do it...

You KNOW you NEED them...and now they are cheaper...a little now or more later...your call:D the money you save could be spent on lights.......

Edited by Need more lights

Just got email that my first order of CCBulbs has shipped.  Ordered another CTB16PC controller, pixel strip straps, SPT1, and more plugs.  Trying for free on this last order.

37 minutes ago, Need more lights said:

You KNOW you NEED them...and now they are cheaper...a little now or more later...your call:D the money you save could be spent on lights.......

I know, I know, I know....But here's my dilemma.  Right now I'm planning to run AUX A off the 1602G3MP3 with 12 CCP controllers (total of 24 strings) at 500K and concerned I may be taxing that network so now I'm sitting here wondering if I need to buy a laptop, throw it in the garage, and run everything from that over multiple USB ports versus the SD card in the 1602...Which of course means I need another ELL for the Net1 off the 1602 to standard lights and run USB's from the laptop to the CCP's...tick tock tick tock tick tock

This is why I went the simple route...I run a Falcon Pi player. It controls a E682 SansDevice that controls all my RGB's and my CTB16PC's. 

I got all of the "extension cord" type stuff I need for the show!! All of the extensions for my RGB floods, two 500ft rolls of the SPT wire, and all the male and female plugs I could possibly need.

~Matt

I bought the PRO Series 16 Channel Starter Package Wednesday. Finally told my wife last night lol.  This will be my first year attempting anything like this. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Sctiger said:

I bought the PRO Series 16 Channel Starter Package Wednesday. Finally told my wife last night lol.  This will be my first year attempting anything like this. Fingers crossed. 

You'll get it, truthfully the start is the easiest. It's when you start adding stuff that makes things interesting. This year I went from 32  AC channels to 80 and added 1050 RGB channels to my display. On all my sequences, I was only able to utilize 16 AC channels and all the rest need to be programmed or re-programmed.(the timings seem to all still be ok tho) I still need to figure out where and how the extension cords are going and how many more LED strings I'm going to need. The clock is ticking...Yikes!!!

• Like 1

Hi all. Summer Sale provided me opportunity to buy my first LOR items. Residential starter package (went with highest software since..well.. I'm not yet sure... j) plus a second controller for 32 channels total. Also lots of vampire plugs and wire. Now stalking the forum posts for best way to setup some singing DIY characters. Will probably use Halloween as an opportunity to test out my ability to get things going. Also searching for info on best place(s) to buy LED lights to build out the display. 

...The addiction begins...

• The topic was locked