Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing...... Starting or Finished

Archer

1 hour ago, Plumber Plays with Lights said:

Sequences? You mean the lights don't just dance like that. I have to do more than hang lights?  

Wait. We have to hang lights? I'm in way over my head here... lol

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

That's  ok they go over your head.

OVER? Well that explains the poor turn out at my show 

• Like 3

EXCITING NEWS!

My Platinum membership email, say that the Thanksgiving Day 99% off sale will have a light gun that they use on The Grinch movie. No loading, aiming just pull the trigger and it puts any light you want perfectly anywhere you are thinking and they will sequence them self to whatever a viewer would most find impressive, and on January 2nd they evaporate into pure oxygen.

They are also offering free transporter deliver so you will have it before dark on Thanksgiving night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

EXCITING NEWS!

My Platinum membership email, say that the Thanksgiving Day 99% off sale will have a light gun that they use on The Grinch movie. No loading, aiming just pull the trigger and it puts any light you want perfectly anywhere you are thinking and they will sequence them self to whatever a viewer would most find impressive, and on January 2nd they evaporate into pure oxygen.

They are also offering free transporter deliver so you will have it before dark on Thanksgiving night!

Shoot! I'm only a gold member. Guess that means I'll be putting them up with an old broom handle and some duck tape. 

The real question is....is it sequencing or synchronization? To me sequencing is quick and easy, synchronizing takes time and lots of it in my case.

sequence   (sē′kwəns, -kwĕns)

n.
1. following of one thing after another; succession.

2. An order of succession; an arrangement.

3. related or continuous series.

synchronize  (sing-kruh-nahyz)
v.
1. to cause to indicate the same time, as one timepiece with another:
Synchronize your watches.
2. to cause to go on, move, operate, work, etc., at the same rate and exactly together

Mr P.....I don't know where you were headed with your response but it fits my criteria exactly. If you played an instrument and read music, ALL music is based on "time".  Each measure on a sheet of music is given a length of time by the composer (at the beginning of the song such as 4/4 meaning there are 4 beats to a measure and each quarter note gets 1 beat, I'm not getting into a music lesson) and he places a note or notes in that measure that will add up to that predetermined time thay he gave it. We tap our foot or clap our hands keeping time to the beat. The conductor waves his baton in precise timed increments to keep the orchestra synchronized so that everybody hits each note precisely. (Why should we note do the same) What would it sound like if each member through a song playing one note after another with total disregard to the guy playing beside him. Sequencing would give you something unrecognizable ...synchronizing the orchastra gives you music. I synchronize my lights giving my viewers a show and not lights set to music.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When my show starts, I will not be adding something to my show. In fact, the way I structure my show it is next to impossible to add something. I have a set number of songs and each has its own introduction with part of the story I want to tell about my cause that year. This year we will be collecting for a family with 4 kids that the father was killed in a firey tractor and trailer accident on the Pa Turnpike this summer. I try to sync my lights precisely to the beat of the music. This summer I added 1 new song and tweaked the others I'll be using.....

• The topic was locked