Light-O-Rama Forums
Archer

Sequencing...... Starting or Finished

23 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

This year, I might put them up 90 degrees out. :P

set them up crooked this year so the wind will blow the straight. 

?j/k

work on sequences all year like most. Started in feb this year and have a few new ones done for Halloween and Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I have 16 windows that I made frames and outlined them with mini lights, red, white and green since Mega don't want me to use LEDs. I'll take a picture of my frames with the 3 colors wrapped and post it here if you want to see?

I've always watched your videos as they are inspirational - with your intriguing tree. However, we would love to see some pics too. 

Edited by Mega Arch

2 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

LOR controllers don't allow you to turn lights on,

Oh, okay.... wait... what??? :blink:

• Like 1

I have requested my relative to send me his Christmas Song links.....when I get them I will post them here.

31 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

LOR controllers don't allow you to turn lights on

Mine must be broken :(

I have copied the entire email from Bill Dann, the relative I spoke of earlier

Must be getting old. I thought I E-mail a link with a couple of our Christmas hits. Must not have. At any rate, for now I am sending links to our 2 viral Christmas songs (you can Google them) that have received much airplay and Facebook shares. The first is an ultra nostalgic song called "Tonka Trucks and Tinker Toys". As I mentioned, many people have requested an MP3 of this to use as their video postcard. You'll see why.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VP_3hiU23Q . Another is "Santa Does the Peppermint Twist (Down Candy Cane Lane). It was inspired by Joey Dee/Starlighters "Peppermint Twist". It has the endorsement of Joey, who had it on his website/Facebook page all Season last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4YEo0tQEI . Be sure to check out the videos and if anyone would like an MP3 of anything, I will be happy to oblige. Thanks for assisting in getting the word out. We are confident that these would be great adds for any light show! Take care.

Best

Bill

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I have copied the entire email from Bill Dann, the relative I spoke of earlier

Must be getting old. I thought I E-mail a link with a couple of our Christmas hits. Must not have. At any rate, for now I am sending links to our 2 viral Christmas songs (you can Google them) that have received much airplay and Facebook shares. The first is an ultra nostalgic song called "Tonka Trucks and Tinker Toys". As I mentioned, many people have requested an MP3 of this to use as their video postcard. You'll see why.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VP_3hiU23Q . Another is "Santa Does the Peppermint Twist (Down Candy Cane Lane). It was inspired by Joey Dee/Starlighters "Peppermint Twist". It has the endorsement of Joey, who had it on his website/Facebook page all Season last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4YEo0tQEI . Be sure to check out the videos and if anyone would like an MP3 of anything, I will be happy to oblige. Thanks for assisting in getting the word out. We are confident that these would be great adds for any light show! Take care.

Best

Bill

Peppermint Twist is kinda catchy. Might be able to help promote it. 

You just need to answer one question Kevin; is that you as the 4th elf, or are you holding the blue candy cane?

I'll probably be sequencing until set up time. I've got about 50 minutes of sequences so far and I'm not sure I need that much more but hey when has that stopped me lol. 

Sequencing is something that in theory I start early in the year, but does not always work that way.  Right now I'm in the process on converting my existing sequences to a new layout in Visualizer which therefore means SuperStar.  All this because I now have EVERYTHING on controllers that can live on an enhanced network, so everything will be done in SuperStar whereas only some was being done in SuperStar in prior years.  Lots of boxes moved in the grid in SuperStar, so lots of stuff needing to be tweeked.  Some sequences will be almost identical, and some will get fairly major re-writes in the process.

17 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

LOR controllers don't allow you to turn lights on,

Mine must be broken in reverse, they turn lights on just fine, but they won't turn them off!:P

Edited by Orville

34 minutes ago, Orville said:

Mine must be broken in reverse, they turn lights on just fine, but they won't turn them off!:P

Mine just do whatever the heck they want sometimes.  I can be outside watching the show and the lights will do some crazy stuff and I just go hmmmm, how did that get in there.  :wacko:

On 8/15/2016 at 1:48 PM, Mr. P said:

Also keep in mind that just because you may have 100,000 lights doesn't mean they all have to be on doing something. Sometimes less is more.

Totally agree. Hobbyist sometimes fall into the trp of everything has to be "flashy" and 1000's of colors when using rgb.  There is a place for single colored, static light elements in displays. Instead of doing an average sequence job on many light elements, cut back and doing a better jobs on a few less elements. 

• Like 2

I use the LED's, wireless extension cords and remote radio conversion sequencer in my new software. It listens for any Christmas music a watcher can play in their car and sequences the lights according to the car owners light color preferences.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

I use the LED's, wireless extension cords and remote radio conversion sequencer in my new software. It listens for any Christmas music a watcher can play in their car and sequences the lights according to the car owners light color preferences.

You gold club members get all the cool stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, saxon said:

You gold club members get all the cool stuff. 

Yeah, the new software came in my 1/2 priced summer pre-sale with free white glove shipping. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Plumber Plays with Lights said:

Sequences? You mean the lights don't just dance like that. I have to do more than hang lights?  

Wait. We have to hang lights? I'm in way over my head here... lol

• Like 2

I keep telling you guys....vodka solves all those problems 

54 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

That's  ok they go over your head.

OVER? Well that explains the poor turn out at my show 

• Like 3

EXCITING NEWS!

My Platinum membership email, say that the Thanksgiving Day 99% off sale will have a light gun that they use on The Grinch movie. No loading, aiming just pull the trigger and it puts any light you want perfectly anywhere you are thinking and they will sequence them self to whatever a viewer would most find impressive, and on January 2nd they evaporate into pure oxygen.

They are also offering free transporter deliver so you will have it before dark on Thanksgiving night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

EXCITING NEWS!

My Platinum membership email, say that the Thanksgiving Day 99% off sale will have a light gun that they use on The Grinch movie. No loading, aiming just pull the trigger and it puts any light you want perfectly anywhere you are thinking and they will sequence them self to whatever a viewer would most find impressive, and on January 2nd they evaporate into pure oxygen.

They are also offering free transporter deliver so you will have it before dark on Thanksgiving night!

Shoot! I'm only a gold member. Guess that means I'll be putting them up with an old broom handle and some duck tape. 

The real question is....is it sequencing or synchronization? To me sequencing is quick and easy, synchronizing takes time and lots of it in my case.

sequence   (sē′kwəns, -kwĕns)

n.
1. following of one thing after another; succession.

2. An order of succession; an arrangement.

3. related or continuous series.

synchronize  (sing-kruh-nahyz)
v.
1. to cause to indicate the same time, as one timepiece with another:
Synchronize your watches.
2. to cause to go on, move, operate, work, etc., at the same rate and exactly together

Mr P.....I don't know where you were headed with your response but it fits my criteria exactly. If you played an instrument and read music, ALL music is based on "time".  Each measure on a sheet of music is given a length of time by the composer (at the beginning of the song such as 4/4 meaning there are 4 beats to a measure and each quarter note gets 1 beat, I'm not getting into a music lesson) and he places a note or notes in that measure that will add up to that predetermined time thay he gave it. We tap our foot or clap our hands keeping time to the beat. The conductor waves his baton in precise timed increments to keep the orchestra synchronized so that everybody hits each note precisely. (Why should we note do the same) What would it sound like if each member through a song playing one note after another with total disregard to the guy playing beside him. Sequencing would give you something unrecognizable ...synchronizing the orchastra gives you music. I synchronize my lights giving my viewers a show and not lights set to music.

• Like 1