Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShawnT

What should I get?

Hi Shawn,

I thought the same as you, about having my expensive LOR1602W controllers outside,
but controller can be camouflaged or chained to one of those cork screw dog stakes.
Have you figured out how many feet of zip cord you will need to have the LOR's operated
from your garage? If you haven't, I think it will be a wakeup call, as it was for me. A 500 ft
zip cord reel from Action last year was $80, and I'm guessing the price will be higher this
year. Lets see, you have 8 LOR boxes. One 500 ft zip cord reel, divided by 16 channels
only gets you 31Ft per channel and you still need plug ends. As you can see 8 boxes and
4000 ft of zip cord barely gets you out of the garage. Think of ways to hide your boxes, it's
cheaper and easier to setup, and tear down after Christmas.
I wouldn't worry
Michael

hobbes wrote:

Not sure what you have planned for your display but from the picture I can envision you putting different color lights on the shrubs and outlining the berm with lights. Just my 2 cents...

tom.

Thanks Tom, I did just that.

I attached the pic that was taken before the display was up.
You can see in the YouTube vid that I'm property chanllenged. :P

Excellent video. Maybe your neighbor would allow you to place a few items just over the property line. Then again you can always expand upwards and use the roof. :P

tom.