Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree

Derkngoogly

Ok ccr strips or nodes? I am new first time i just got controllers buying mega tree from hc, and like the proud to be american pictures like planes etc. Can you do pics on nodes like on strips? I have not seen any yet just lights changing when i youtube it. But ccr i see pics of stuff and that is cool. Ty you for your help, worried and want to be able to use my system to produce a good show!! 

Each has advantages and disadvantages.  The biggest disadvantage of any strip type light in a mega tree is that the strips only light in one direction.  That means on a tree, the lights on the back side are not visible.

IMO go with strips for better graphics/pictures.  Nodes are easier to handle and are easier to solder on (wire vs. copper pads) than pixel strips though.  But if you have good soldering skills then it's not a problem.  I have both with strips for the tree and nodes for my star.

Wow ty you all so much, the bullet pixels looks better in my opinion. 1983ss454 How many rows did your use in the bullet tree? 

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

That means on a tree, the lights on the back side are not visible.

Well that depends which way you face them from the back side.

It would be logical to think that if the viewing area is from the street, you would hang/mount/point all the strips towards the street. :)

Well that depends which way you face them from the back side.

It would be logical to think that if the viewing area is from the street, you would hang/mount/point all the strips towards the street. [emoji4]

Personally I prefer bullets or bulbs anyway, strips make me feel like at a strip club or something instead of Christmas lights lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both, a 16 ribbon flat tree and a 24x50 pixel tree. The 16 ribbon tree is much better for the animations due to better definition as you can't see the spacing between pixels as easy. The 24x50 pixel tree looks better for the swirls and waves as they look great going around the tree.

I agreel with Mr P. I have both as well.  Mine are a 12 strip tree and a 12x50 pixel tree. The graphics look better on the strip, but the regular animations look better on the pixels. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:05 PM, Mr. P said:

I have both, a 16 ribbon flat tree and a 24x50 pixel tree. The 16 ribbon tree is much better for the animations due to better definition as you can't see the spacing between pixels as easy. The 24x50 pixel tree looks better for the swirls and waves as they look great going around the tree.

On the 24x50, how many inches do you have between each of the pixels?  I'm starting to build mine this weekend and not sure if I should go 2 or 3 inches between each one using the mounting strips.  Also, how many inches at the bottom between each string?  Thanks

7 hours ago, Brucey said:

On the 24x50, how many inches do you have between each of the pixels?  I'm starting to build mine this weekend and not sure if I should go 2 or 3 inches between each one using the mounting strips.  Also, how many inches at the bottom between each string?  Thanks

I use the mounting strips as well and space them 3" apart so the tree is right around 11 feet. The leg spacing off the top of my head is something like 15", never really measured I just step back to see how it looks and adjust. I don't have a base ring and just stake each leg into the ground.

Edited by Mr. P