Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Entertianment

Steelers95

I placed an order through  seasonal entertainment a few weeks ago as I did not realize they were going out of business. They took my money but I have not received my order. Anyone know what I should do?

I placed an order with them a couple months back and it took about a month to get my items. Let's hope your order is being SLOWLY processed as i don't think they have much in the way of inventory and have to order everything out. But i could be mistaken on this. Please keep us updated.

Edited by gsmith37064

If it never arrives you always have the option to dispute the charge with your bank.  Most banks have a 100% protection which is typically backed up through VISA.

1 hour ago, DougP said:

I understand that he went out of business.

I was wonder "when" that was going to happen. The technology and labor of building stuff (especially electronics) is so cheap overseas, it's very hard to compete. They had some good stuff early in the day but couldn't keep up. I fully understand why.

Hopefully they honor the purchases that were made. I think they will. I purchased stuff from them years ago and didn't have any complaints.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Did you get an email order confrimation?  If so, try to email them and see if they respond on whether you are going to fill or cancel the order.  If you hear nothing back in a few days or week, I'd be inclined to go through my charge card service and get the charges refunded. 

Bad place to be in, wainting a month for an order that may never come.

I tried sending an Email through their link on their website but it wouldent let me. It said the link was broken. I'm thinking like their phone line it was disconnected. I did however get ahold of them through Facebook messenger and they said all orders will ship but when I asked for an estimated time frame I got no response. Guess I'll have to wait and find out. 

They had posted something a week or so back on FaceBook about being out of business, web site down, phone turned off.  From what little I have read they got the short end of the stick on a pre-sale order they made.  Either the manufacturer ripped them off or the container was lost/stolen.  No insurance to cover the loses.  They stated they will fill as many orders as they could from existing stock and figure out some sort of refund on the rest.  Those that filed complaints with Ebay and/or their bank would get refunded that way.

And yet another reason I "buy" my lights and other holiday items mainly from Big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target and Walgreen's and not online!

4 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

The big box stores don't sell pixels .

True.  But if I ever go into RGB, it will be using LOR  ready to go items only{mainly the CCB's}.    LOR is the just about the only place I buy from if I'm buying something online for my display.    Other than that, I'll continue to stick with the BB stores for my other humdrum stuff.

Never had a single issue with any of the online stored for pixels, i have ordered form HC, Ray Wu and Diyledexpress.

Never had a single issue with any of the online stored for pixels, i have ordered form HC, Ray Wu and Diyledexpress.

To be honest I've had less issues with my ray and diyledexpress pixels then the GECE's I bought from lowes a few years ago. While I've never had any issues with my LOR CCP's either, I almost built my entire pixel tree for the cost of one ccp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Greg most definitely closed his shop. My order from July was never out through, just cancelled. Don't expect anything to come from there anymore.

On the other hand, I completely second what some others have said. Ray is a fantastic vendor, and you're getting better communication that most US companies. I also worked with DIYLEDExpress (last week) and have nothing but good things to say about Todd and his crew.

It's unfortunate that companies close up, but there are still other good ones selling top quality product.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Luke you didn't receive your order? did you get your money back?

It never charged my credit card. I ordered knowing that I might not get it, and was not surprised that it never went though. This was back in early to mid July.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There should have been more notice and information on the closure of his company, especially when there are ongoing orders.

It seems to have happened quite suddenly.

Anyway, I don't see much point in having another middle man when it is so easy to get things like pixels directly from China and the manufacturers. Lighting consulting and installation is needed though.

15 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

There should have been more notice and information on the closure of his company, especially when there are ongoing orders.

It seems to have happened quite suddenly.

Anyway, I don't see much point in having another middle man when it is so easy to get things like pixels directly from China and the manufacturers. Lighting consulting and installation is needed though.

Having been around these forums for the last 15 years dating back to the early PC days I have had the opportunity to see more than few businesses start up by fellow decorators. Some have gone on to be very successful (ie LOR). Others have started out well, go on for a few years, then fail. It is a rare person who intends to start a business to screw over others in the community.

The one common issue when their businesses fail is the lack of communication which leads to a lot of understandable angst on the part of folks with orders pending. I am not going to defend Seasonal Entertainment, but I will say 2 things:

1) I have ordered  from Greg over the years, and have encountered some product failures. When I contacted him the replacement parts were sent to me in a matter of days. He wanted me to send the units back for repair at his expense. The failures involved components (ICs predominately) installed in the Chinese factories. With my background repair was a quick fix so I told him I could handle it myself, to save time. For someone not comfortable with handling electronic repairs he ran a USA based company that the unit could be sent back to for repair. He stood behind everything he sold, at least up until his business closed unexpectedly. For those having issues, request a cancellation and refund. I would certainly hope you would get it, even if your email wasn't answered!

While I don't ever support not keeping customers informed of issues related to delays in orders, etc. I will say if he posted what was occurring behind the scenes folks might think a little different of the situation. The fact that he didn't post his problems publicly, to garner sympathy, etc says something about his character to me. I am sure those of you with merchandise pending may disagree. 

2) My observation is that some initially well intentioned folks want to take their hobby of decorating to the next level, sometimes starting out with group buys, and then turning it into a business. I can remember when David B. did this with blowmolds for example. Many of us ordered through him the first year, and got great products at a good price. A year or two later he lost $$ on an order coming in from China, and closed his business, unfortunately leaving folks who had placed orders without merchandise/refunds. There are several other examples in recent past.

I have had good success ordering from many others including Todd Jetzer, Ray Wu, Paul Sessel, Valerie Piechur, to name just a few. In my experience I have found them all to stand behind their products.

When folks are shopping for supplies, and looking for good quality items at good prices, then can often find them from folks who run businesses basically based on sales to the holiday decorating community. Most of these are small privately run businesses, which always have the possibility of unexpected setbacks and being forced to close, vs a larger commercial company which may have the resources to eat the loss and continue.  

Bottom line when you order from anyone, use PayPal or your credit card to allow you to recover your funds in the event of non-delivery of ordered items. Protect yourselves, because it really is caveat emptor..

Greg

• Like 2

I placed an order July 26th and they did charge my card immediately.  Shortly there after I received an email that the item was out of stock.  I thought that it was odd to be having an excess inventory sale and not having the excess inventory to fill orders. I went online to check the status of my order and found the website to be "down for routine maintainence".  Next I tried to call and the phone was disconnected.  Thank goodness I used PayPal. They opened a case today and I should have my loot back in 2-3 weeks.  If anyone is still waiting for merchandise that they have paid for remember you only have 180 days to take action through PayPal.  I feel sorry for anyone that has a business close but I am not running a charity either.

Z