Light-O-Rama Forums

180v360 CCP Tree

Brucey

So I'm starting to build my 12' tall mega tree with the CCP's that I purchased during the Spring sale but as I start to think about the frame, I'm debating between building a tree that's 360 degrees or just 180. Either way, I would only have 12 12' strands to play with which was why I was starting to lean to the 180 but not sure.

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

Thanks

Me personally, with only 12 strings I would go 180. A full 360 with only 12 strings will look bare and not give the full look. You could always do a zig=zag pattern so you get two legs out of one string but then the tree gets much shorter. There are lots of 24x50 trees out there.

I would recommend a 180 tree then add on to it when you can get more strings.

Edited by Mr. P

Depends on where it is in your display.  If it is near your house then no one would ever see behind it anyway and 360 is a waste of half of the your stings.  If you live on a corner lot ant the tree is in the middle of you yard then a lot of people would see the blank side.    180 tree is going to be brighter and higher resolution (since strings are closer together) which can overpower other parts of your display.

Even though I live on a corner lot, I'm going to put this directly in front of my house and not near the 'corner'.  I guess I'll go with the 180 this year and during next year's sale, I'll grab enough to make it a full 24 strand display.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I also recommend going the 180 route.  You might very well discover that it looks just fine and wows people way more than you expect.  In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you decide the tree looks great enough the way it is, and that you can get more bang for your buck using those extra pixels for a totally different purpose next year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So with the summer sale I picked up more CCP's and now really in a quandary for this year.  I can now do a 25 node per string (spaced every 5 inches) 360 degree tree or I can do a 50 node per string, 16 string 180 degree tree.  The heights will be about the same, just the density could change (25 per string vs. 50).

Sorry to bring this back up, I'm just starting the build everything this weekend and want to get your feedback before putting everything together.

It really depends on the placement of your tree in the middle of yard use the 360 design if it's against a house use the 180 design .

48 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

It really depends on the placement of your tree in the middle of yard use the 360 design if it's against a house use the 180 design .

That's what I thought, thanks!

• The topic was locked