Light-O-Rama Forums

Wanted: LOR Controllers within Canada

wensteve

Im looking to purchase one or two controllers within Canada (to avoid the shipping and US prices)

20 hours ago, wensteve said:

Im looking to purchase one or two controllers within Canada (to avoid the shipping and US prices)

U.S. prices? They are cheaper here, $259 U.S. vs $341 Canada.  :P  :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 1:58 PM, Mr. P said:

U.S. prices? They are cheaper here, $259 U.S. vs $341 Canada.  :P  :wacko:

Mr. P.  currently here in Canada if we buy something that is IN the states, say for 200 dollars US price, it will cost us 270 dollars Canadian AND then add shipping, at roughly 80 bucks Canadian...  = 350 Canadian... SO, 341 is 9 dollars cheaper than purchasing in the US... Just thought you might want that clarified.....:ph34r:

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 11:43 AM, Darryl Lambert said:

I'll check when I get home & let you know. 

Did you happen to find any?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Truth be known, if a few us out here in Alberta put a large enough order in by the time you pay shipping and customs fees it would probably be cheaper to drive to New York and pick it up. Now before you go off on a rant and call me crazy, lol, keep in mind I have a brother that lives in Ontario that I try to get out to see at least by-annually and he lives about 8 hours from the LOR store. Just saying, food for thought.

P.S. Did I mention I grew up in Syracuse NY and that I still have an aunt that lives there, Hmmmmm might be time for a visit. According to google maps its only 2 hours and 45 minutes away. And maybe with a large enough order the good folks at LOR with give us Canucks a nice big fat discount lol :D. Oh no is this train of thought part of the C.L.A.P. addiction.

I live in Windsor Ontario. I have a USA address just across the river in Detroit. It's surprising how much you save, having stuff shipped within the USA. Last week, I needed some more lights. It was cheaper for me to drive to Vicksburg ( holiday light expresss) than pay the postage to Canada.

sounds cheaper to take a vacation, drive across your southern Canadian border, get a post office box and pick it up there... 

get the one you need to assemble, and take it back across in a couple parts, board one trip, plugs the next... we can even take stuff back and forth across the USA southern border into Mexico as long as the value is $600.00 or less per person in the vehicle.

oh its 1,947 miles from you to me... Take a vacation to S. California for Christmas ;)

• The topic was locked