Light-O-Rama Forums
cmulvey

Light O Rama Summer Sale?

3 minutes ago, canadianchristmas said:

So a total of 2 mp3 directors to run the 3 trees? Very impressive!

So there was no issue with the two trees even in faster sequences?

I think 1 director was running 3 trees.

The other director was running the CCR/CCP tree.

(At least that's how I read Mike's post.)

Hmm, I read it as ONE SINGLE MINI DIRECTOR, not two.  

And DevMike, thanks for the clarification on the LOR Directors as opposed to the FPP.   If I go RGB, I'll be using LOR CCB's ready to go out of the box, so I don't think I'll really ever have need for E1.31 myself.

Sorry for the confusion.  I thought I was clear, but I guess not.  It was on 2 directors.  One ran the 3 pixel trees upfront (2 trees with 400 pixels each, and 1 with 1600 pixels = 2400 pixels), another that ran the 16 strip tree (16x50 = 800) at the back.  I edited my message to make it clearer.

I should also note (before anyone else tries to claim otherwise) those 2400 pixels on those 3 trees were all individually controlled.  In other words we did not cheat and put controllers on identical Unit IDs and have them duplicating each other.  We used 4 total PixCon16's (1 each for the 16x25 trees, and 2 for the 32x50) on 4 separate unit IDs @ 500K ELOR.  We were pushing all 7200 channels from a single uMP3 director.

That I am not sure of.  I have touched the prototype and know the firmware for the devices is almost done, but other than that I don't know.  There are just too many other external factors that are out of our/my control.  I'm only the programmer ;)

While I hate to loose a sale, if it is important to you to get it done for THIS year, you may want to find something else.  Yes, they could make it in time for this year for you to use, but I don't want to take the blame if they come out too late.

You've teased us and I want some too for Halloween.  If they can't get them out in time I hope they'll make the CCPs much more affordable at the summer sale. 

7 hours ago, gorichgo said:

If they can't get them out in time I hope they'll make the CCPs much more affordable at the summer sale. 

Agreed. The cost on those isn't in-line with the rest of the industry. MUCH cheaper to go the DMX route which is a shame. Really the only LOR product that I feel is overpriced.

Right now, I still just know what we were telling folks at Expo.  I also know that many of you can get anxious waiting for stuff.  Only you can answer if you want to 'wait and see' or want to look at other options.  Like I said in that early post of mine:

"Just because I work here please don't treat this as an official LOR  release.  All of this is subject to change, cancellation, or whatever else Dan (the owner) decides to do.  This is what we were telling people at expo.  It's been a couple of weeks.  Things can change :)"

I need to point out that I also don't know when a sale will happen, or if the reason it is/was delayed is because we are waiting on getting these ready for a sale.  They may be part of the sale, they may not be.  I don't know.

In other words, don't rely on anything I may have said to affect your planning.   

Just curious, is there ever a sale on the software?  I have to upgrade from Basic Pro to Pro w/Superstar and wondering if I should wait or if there's never really a sale so I might as well grab it now.

3 hours ago, Brucey said:

Just curious, is there ever a sale on the software?  I have to upgrade from Basic Pro to Pro w/Superstar and wondering if I should wait or if there's never really a sale so I might as well grab it now.

May as well grab it now.  I can't recall ever seeing the software on sale, only the hardware.

Annnnnd my shopping is done! A tiny bit disappointed to not see the Pixie1 but the Pixie4 will work just as well! I just *really* hope they actually ship these by mid-September so I have time to get everything ready for Halloween.

Still no software on sale :(  

Toying with buying additional CCP's to make my 12 string tree a 16...

21 minutes ago, Brucey said:

I just couldn't fight the urge, I grabbed more CCP's and the white pixel mounting strips.... 

5 hours ago, Brucey said:

I've been around here since 2004. Software has never been on sale.

Edited by Don

FYI....

Looks like I was wrong about the hardware for the Pixel Trees.  According to the sale page, it comes with the center pole and assorted hardware COMPLETE.  WOO!

Thanks for fielding questions here Mike and for getting the CCP/B string on there.    I have two more Qs?

There is no sale price on the dumb ribbon extensions     http://store.lightorama.com/rgbduriinria.html   and the dumb strips are not shown.  Is that right?

There is a new assembled product http://store.lightorama.com/10wrgbflplpa.html        I purchased several boards, lights, PSU in spring and I am lacking the enclosures.   Can I get just the enclosure with mounting panel?

On 8/8/2016 at 2:41 PM, DevMike said:

I should also note (before anyone else tries to claim otherwise) those 2400 pixels on those 3 trees were all individually controlled.  In other words we did not cheat and put controllers on identical Unit IDs and have them duplicating each other.  We used 4 total PixCon16's (1 each for the 16x25 trees, and 2 for the 32x50) on 4 separate unit IDs @ 500K ELOR.  We were pushing all 7200 channels from a single uMP3 director.

Sorry wasn't at the expo.  I take it from the above that the ELOR's will run RGB pixels as long as they are running under LOR 485 protocol (with the pix con line of controllers), Not under E1.31?

Edited by jerrymac
wrong key stroke

4 minutes ago, jerrymac said:

Sorry wasn't at the expo.  I take it from the above that the ELOR's will run RGB pixels as lont a 

That is probably still not going to happen.  Remember, ELLs are speed limited to 115K, and those 3 were running ELOR @ 500K.

On 8/8/2016 at 2:41 PM, DevMike said:

Sorry   ,  

Cerebral Flatulence.  

Saw  ELOR and was thinking ELL.  

Darn !!   Started to drool,  then crashed back to reality.