Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity data

rick gurnee

I had a couple of large sequences last year that had a few spots were the Cosmic Ribbons couldn't keep up with the song, so I decided to use Intensity Data files.

This is my first shot at it and I must be doing something simple wrong.  I'll give you all of the gory details but the basic problem is my Cosmic Ribbons don't light.

I run two networks:  the Cosmic Ribbons on the AUX network at 500K and everything else is on the regular network at 57.6K (including the star for the cosmic tree.

I took a simple Super Star sequence of the cosmic tree and star and exported it to the Sequence Editor in Intensity data format and selected add to new sequence.

This created a very tiny LMS file and a larger LID file.  I opened the LMS file with the Sequence Editor and I could see the Super Star Props.  Inside the Props list the LOR controller and the Cosmic Devices.  Both of these looked good.

Before opening the Sequence Editor I plugged in both Network adapters and verified through the hardware utilities that their com ports were 3 (reg) and 4 (AUX).

I plugged one cosmic ribbon controller into the Aux network and a cosmic ribbon into that.

When I started the Sequence Editor I noticed that the light in the bottom right corner was blue and the "Control Lights" was switch on.

Finally, I started to play the sequence and the song played but the lights did not light!!!

I then exported in Legacy Format to a different LMS file.  I loaded this into the Sequence Editor and it played just fine and the lights lit up.

Then I realized I did not have the latest LOR software or firmware.  I downloaded them both but it made no difference.  I am now on 4.3.14 of LOR and 1.19 of the firmware.

Yes, I do have a PRO license.

I know there must be a simple solution to this, but I can't see it.

you have to have the latest firmware downloaded to each ccr controller  also in network preferences you have to select Enhanced for the networks that the ccr"s are on

Edited by Dennis Laff

I knew it was something simple!!!!!! It took me a minute to find the Enhanced button but once I set it, everything works fine!  I guess that means I'm going to have to export it twice.  Once in Intensity files and Once in Legacy mode for the star because the star is on the regular network which has a lot of non-G3 controllers.  or maybe move the star to the other network.