Light-O-Rama Forums

Thriller 12, 16 CCR

Grinch

That is freakin Awesome! Great job, wish I knew how you make some of the effects you do. Especially the cascading looking ones. :)

I think it's pretty cool you're doing something with the pixel tree besides Christmas and you have some nice effects.

3 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I think it's pretty cool you're doing something with the pixel tree besides Christmas and you have some nice effects.

Thanks!  I figure the tree is already there, so I might as well get some use out of it.   I also take off my star and made a moon to go on top for halloween.   The tree looks good when setup.   It also makes the switch over from Halloween to Christmas a lot easier.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Thanks!  I figure the tree is already there, so I might as well get some use out of it.   I also take off my star and made a moon to go on top for halloween.   The tree looks good when setup.   It also makes the switch over from Halloween to Christmas a lot easier.

You my friend... have just hit the nail on the head. :)

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

A moon instead of the star.....very nice!  Did you make it with pixels....if so dumb or smart?  To be able to have a half or even a quarter moon option and maybe even some blood ooozing out of it sometimes would be way cool!!!  My star is 220 smart bullet nodes @ 4 channels with 70 nodes on the outer star then 60, 50 and 40 for the inner stars.  Lots of cool effects and more options with the smart pixels versus using dumb pixels.

Just now, B.Y.R.G. said:

A moon instead of the star.....very nice!  Did you make it with pixels....if so dumb or smart?  To be able to have a half or even a quarter moon option and maybe even some blood ooozing out of it sometimes would be way cool!!!  My star is 220 smart bullet nodes @ 4 channels with 70 nodes on the outer star then 60, 50 and 40 for the inner stars.  Lots of cool effects and more options with the smart pixels versus using dumb pixels.

Yes it is made with smart pixels, it is 32" round and capable of a 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full moon.. so that I can fade the moon right to left or left to right.   I like the blood oozing idea.  Any idea on how to pull off that effect?  

• Like 1

Make your moon a round matrix... and then send to GREG!

If not the smart pixels could change to red as they move down the moon which would change back to white or yellow as the blood passes??

I dont think it would look as good as the round matrix moon though.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Make your moon a round matrix... and then send to GREG!

If not the smart pixels could change to red as they move down the moon which would change back to white or yellow as the blood passes??

I dont think it would look as good as the round matrix moon though.

I am not sure how sending the moon to Greg will help, other than I can't complain about the effects at my house.  LOL

Well i have seen pictures of it... It's big. I would hate for you to fall off that ladder! Just looking out for you is all :)