Light-O-Rama Forums

pixcon16 blowing fuses on different channels

indi

I Just got my pexcon16 setup and the pixel nodes attached. Most of them came on before I had the controller configured. After getting setup and ran a sequence and noticed ports 1,9 and 10 didn't work. I switch line from port 8 to 9 and the nodes worked did the same to port 10 and port 1, so I know the nodes are working. Any ideas on what would cause these fuses to blow. I do have two strings of 50 per port. So I had to solder the strands together. I thought I made sure that all the wiring was right and flowing in the same direction. But as I said, I switch ports and all the nodes then came. Don't know why those 3 ports blow a fuse.

Can I use automotive fuses to replace the blown fuses.

Thanks

I bought them from Holiday Light Express. They are sw2811's. All the other ports are working fine.

You mentioned that you soldered the two strings together so if each string pulls more more than 2a on solid white and both string were on longer than just a quick flash they could blow. Other ports may have had chases or flashes or something on them and not solid white.

I am not the resident expert on the Pixcon, the controllers I use have 5a outputs so I haven't experienced that with two strings.

I think most of the 100 node strands the where white when I plugged in the controller to configure it. They where on for awhile as I had problems getting the controller configured.

That may well be enough to blow the fuses. There are finite limits to how much current you can carry on each output. Time is a factor. Sounds like you found it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk