Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT-1/2 Wire

EdNetman

13 hours ago, larryk5 said:

22/3, do you have a link for this? I find 2 and 4 but haven't found any 3!

Took me while but I found it. 

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1546029504.html?productId=1546029504&productSubject=100m-lot-3pin-red-yellow-blue-cable-for-pixel-light-with-black-PVC-covered&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Thanks saxon, just what I was looking for. Where you able to get reduced shipping? I didn't see any way to contact Ray on the site! 

32 minutes ago, larryk5 said:

Thanks saxon, just what I was looking for. Where you able to get reduced shipping? I didn't see any way to contact Ray on the site! 

Try this link, I this his is a mobile site.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100m-lot-3pin-red-yellow-blue-cable-for-pixel-light-with-black-PVC-covered-20AWG/1546029504.html

Edited by Mr. P

49 minutes ago, larryk5 said:

Thanks! That worked! Saxon must of been on a mobile device.

Glad it is what your after. I originally was looking for 18 but couldn't find it years ago but this wire has proved excellent. Now 18 is all over but I will stick to what has been working  

when I bought this it was with a bunch of other stuff and shipping was reasonable. I have contacted ray on smaller sales and he has reduced shipping for me. Yeah I won't take the shipping charge that comes with that one item either!!

yea I was on my mobile when I linked it.

I already sent him a message, We'll see what happens. I have 500ft of 18/4 but hate wasting the extra wire. Still may use it if shipping is to much. I can get that for $55 delivered.

I already sent him a message, We'll see what happens. I have 500ft of 18/4 but hate wasting the extra wire. Still may use it if shipping is to much. I can get that for $55 delivered.

Do you think you could use 18/4 for two power runs? I have a prop that needs to be on multiple channels and running two power lines at once would be a great way to reduce clutter. [emoji318]

Or do you think there would be too much current heating the wires?

The prop is a star with two strings of 50 bulb LEDs. One as an outline the other as an inner shaped star. [emoji293]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, EdNetman said:

Do you think you could use 18/4 for two power runs? I have a prop that needs to be on multiple channels and running two power lines at once would be a great way to reduce clutter. emoji318.png

Or do you think there would be too much current heating the wires?

The prop is a star with two strings of 50 bulb LEDs. One as an outline the other as an inner shaped star. emoji293.png

If they are regular lights and not pixels I would think that's possible.

• Like 1

I use Americord.  For a 1000 foot spool it was $112 plus delivery of about $18.    This was SPT1.

If you call and give them the feet of the roll you are looking for, they can give you a price.  

http://www.americord.com/

• Like 1

Prices are pretty good, .14 cents a foot with discounts at the 500' mark. The also had bulk yellow for .11/foot.

If you keep an eye on Daryl Brown's site, Christmas Light Show, he runs some decent sales from time to time, and his normal price is not bad for either SPT1 or 2

https://www.christmaslightshow.com/spt1-wire-plugs-and-sockets/

He probably will offer an Christmas Expo discount since he is a vendor there again this year. 

I have a ton of SPT2 cords made up with vamp ends.  Varying lengths from 10-50+ feet.  Probably 5,000 feet or so if I had to guess.  A few partial rolls and a full 250'.  Located north 30 miles of Santa Barbara California.  $100 takes it.  No shipping

I place my order (22/3 wire) with Ray on the 13th! It was just delivered. 3.5 days from China!

• Like 1