Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 and LOR

LORisAwesome

Hi

I was working with my new Sandevices e682 controller yesterday and ran into trouble.  I set up the group 3 outputs on the E682 to have 4 50 count pixel strings (5 volt WS2811) starting at Universe 1 #1.  This means that the 171st pixel is part of universe 1 and universe 2.  Red=Universe 1 #511, Green=Universe 1 #512, and Blue Universe 2 #1.  This seems to be what the pixel controller wants to do.  (when I set the parameters this way it said that the last address is universe 2 #90)

The e682 instructions are not clear on a couple of points.. The number of pixels that can be connected to a single output, and how to connect 4 pixel strings to the controller.  I think with the configuration above, a 50 count pixel string would be connected to each output of group 3 on the e682.

I built it from a kit so I wanted to make sure everything works.  I was doing this to try to test each of the outputs to be sure they are working.  I was not able to get the WS2811 pixels to work with output groups 1 or 2, but I could control the pixels using LOR on output group 3. 

I was having a great deal of difficulty configuring this in the sequence editor.  The only way I could see was to edit pixels 171-200 to set each of the RGB addresses.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks

Jerry

1 hour ago, LORisAwesome said:

This means that the 171st pixel is part of universe 1 and universe 2.  Red=Universe 1 #511, Green=Universe 1 #512, and Blue Universe 2 #1.

As Dennis stated, there is no 511 or 512 on a e682, 170 is max.

Edited by Mr. P

Ok, thanks.  I see my arithmetic is off again...

If it was doing what I thought the ending address would have been 88 not 90. 

So 170 pixels maximum connected to a single output right?

Thanks

Jerry

Remember on the E 682 you have 16 outputs but a total of only 12 universes so you can't put 170 pixels on each output.

Remember on the E 682 you have 16 outputs but a total of only 12 universes so you can't put 170 pixels on each output.

That should be changing soon

20 minutes ago, LORisAwesome said:

So 170 pixels maximum connected to a single output right?

Nope, but a single pixel does not cross universes.  Channels 511 & 512 do not get used.  I have lots of strings that cross universe barriers, but individual pixels don't.  So in the case that you are working on, the outputs would be as follows:

Output 3-1:  Universe 1 channels 1 - 150 (or pixels 1 - 50)

Output 3-2:  Universe 1 channels 151 - 300 (or pixels 51 - 100)

Output 3-3:  Universe 1 channels 301 - 450 (or pixels 101 - 150)

Output 3-4:  Universe 1 channels 451 - 510 (or pixels 151 - 170) and then Universe 2 channels 1 - 90 (or pixels 1 - 30).

If you wanted to (and there are some reasons not to), the E682 would let you tie all four strings end to end and specify that the each output had 200 pixels (or 600 channels).

BTW, the max I have put on a single output was 500 pixels and it was working fine.  Only reason I stopped there was that was all the extra pixels I had laying around at the time.

If that all does not make sense, PM me a phone number and I'll call you.  As many people on the forum have learned, I will talk your ear off to make sure you understand it all...

Hmmmm, maybe a e683?

Version 5 firmware (currently in beta) supports 16 universes.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

12 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Nope, but a single pixel does not cross universes.  Channels 511 & 512 do not get used.  I have lots of strings that cross universe barriers, but individual pixels don't.  So in the case that you are working on, the outputs would be as follows:

Output 3-1:  Universe 1 channels 1 - 150 (or pixels 1 - 50)

Output 3-2:  Universe 1 channels 151 - 300 (or pixels 51 - 100)

Output 3-3:  Universe 1 channels 301 - 450 (or pixels 101 - 150)

Output 3-4:  Universe 1 channels 451 - 510 (or pixels 151 - 170) and then Universe 2 channels 1 - 90 (or pixels 1 - 30).

If you wanted to (and there are some reasons not to), the E682 would let you tie all four strings end to end and specify that the each output had 200 pixels (or 600 channels).

BTW, the max I have put on a single output was 500 pixels and it was working fine.  Only reason I stopped there was that was all the extra pixels I had laying around at the time.

If that all does not make sense, PM me a phone number and I'll call you.  As many people on the forum have learned, I will talk your ear off to make sure you understand it all...

I would like to know how to tie more than 170 pixels to a single output.  Holiday Coro has pixel icicle lights that have 100 pixels per string.  It would take at least 10 strings to cover the front of my house.   The way my house is, I might want to split them up into three sections though...

I tried to put 200 into the number of pixels value on the configuration page last night.  It didn't seem to allow it.

I will send you a PM.

Jerry

• Like 1

You can add 200 pixels in the length of pixels per output  i tried  500 pixels that also works