Light-O-Rama Forums

School Project Help!

HGbands2016

As the Assistant Director of Bands for my school district I have been tasked with making a prop for our 2016 contest show called Heart. The concept we want to convey is an EKG reading in green LED lights and a flat line in red LED's. We would like to have it programmed to flash with specific chordal punches. Problem is that I don't even know where to begin!!! Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Its a bit involved to accomplish but yes, it can be done. First off, you need the hardware...controller, intelligent strips, power supply and then program it all. You can pay someone like holidaysequences.com to do this for you but you still need to get the hardware and set it all up. I'm not that far from you and can assist you. First, please tell me/us, when you need this done by? I have the hardware if its just a one time thing. We can program it as needed or the referenced guys can do a much better job...depends on when its needed. You would need the sound track(s) to be sequenced in advance but if its live music, the band would have to follow the sound track exactly as in timing. I'm sure others here might have some other thoughts to get lots of ideas first.

:)
David

Do you want it to just be simple lights in several positions, or a full realistic looking one?

It may be much easier to use a projector, or large screen, and an animated video.

Thinking the video  option might be thge way to grow verus getting into lights/hardware and software. Especially for a one time event

Dgrant  if your going to help try contacting  Bob o  he has that VU meter that works with the music you can turn it horizontal.  That might give the effect he's looking for

On 5/26/2016 at 11:54 PM, Dennis Laff said:

Dgrant  if your going to help try contacting  Bob o  he has that VU meter that works with the music you can turn it horizontal.  That might give the effect he's looking for

This would require a pixel matrix.

I'm already about to build a 24x50 pixel matrix for Halloween so it might work out for him but he's not responded here yet, so who knows if he's still interested or not.