Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Help!!

DisneyMatt10

Sorry for the double.... triple?

Thought I would update you all...

I fixed whatever it was that was wrong with the intensity issue. Not sure exactly what the issue was, but I completely closed all of LOR, including "unloading" it from the start bar. I then restarted my computer, and reloaded LOR... and now the intensity is actually adjusted. 

Turns out 50% on my inelegant strips is still plenty bright enough!! :)

~Matt

Glad you found a fix. Sometimes a reboot in the butt is all it needs!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Side Bar:  When using Windows 10 (and possibly 8), remember that a 'shutdown' and then 'power on' may not actually be a cold reboot like it was in previous versions of Windows.

http://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

What that all boils down to is that when you select 'Shut Down' in Windows 10, your are not really shutting down COLD.  Instead, Windows writes a quick file to disk describing what is going on with your computer and then powers off.  If that file exists the next time you power up, it is loaded into memory which allows your machine to be ready faster.  In the olden days we called that a WARM start.

So if Windows was a bit 'funky' before you did the shutdown, that funkiness was written to that file.  Next time you start up, the file is read in and you guessed it - the funkiness is read back in too.  Shutdown did you no good.

There are two things you can do:

1. Disable Fast Start completely.  That is what I do on all my Win 10s, and I recommend it to all of you as well.
  2. If you REALLY like the Fast Start remember that shutdown is not a REAL shutdown.  If you experience Windows funkiness, DON'T do a shutdown.  Instead, use 'Restart' in the power menu.   The 'Restart' command does not write that file, so when your computer boots it is a clean cold boot.

^ Thanks for the heads up!! I'll have to keep this in mind!! The laptop I am doing all my sequencing on runs Windows 7, however we are buying a new computer to run the show. . . and it will sadly most likely have windows 10. If I run into any issues I'll be sure to reference this post! :)
~Matt

Going really off track now:  You will LIKE Windows 10.  It has many more pluses than minuses (unlike 8).  It is very familiar looking to 7 users, and is quite snappy.  Windows follows the "Star Trek movies" sequence: every-other-one is good! :)

+1 for Win10.  Only weakness is in networking.  That is a pita in Windows 10.  Didn't give me any issues networking my LOR, but trying to get computers to play nice, and share with each other on a home network is a nightmare, now.