Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Help!!

DisneyMatt10

So as I am sequencing away, and thought I was doing great. . . I ran into a problem. 

I was sequencing/programming my pixel strips in the PE, I had everything plugged in and testing and I was shocked at how bright the strips were. . . Like crazy bright. So I went through and changed all of the intensities in the PE to 50%, just to see what that would change them too. Well, when I have the "control lights" turned on in the PE (and everything plugged in) The lights will be at 50%. I saved everything, I clicked "save intensity file" and when I opened the SE and ran the song all the lights that were suppose to be at 50% from the PE were back to 100%!!

I have tried everything I can think of to get the intensity to save from the PE to the SE and it nothing works. All of the strips do the right colors/effects they just seem to ignore the intensity (when run from the SE) that is programmed and showing up in the PE.

I'm starting to get frustrated!! :angry: Help please!!

(Thanks)
~Matt

Two suggestions. Save the intensity file to a new file so you KNOW you really are looking at the reduced level file.  Second is to drop the levels a lot further than 50%.  50% won't look all that much dinner than 100%.

^ I've tried both. . . I saved it as a new file, and I tried going as low as 5% (which was really dim) but noticeable if it were to be saving. . . And nothing. :( I really don't want to run the entire show at 100%  . . . But I'm not sure what else to do! 

~ Matt

Someone who deals with PE will have to answer.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

• Like 1

In the pixel editor in the center panel select to control lights manual there you can set the intensity 

I assume you are highlighting an effect then applying the change in the brightness. Do you see a change in the preview when making the adjustment?

SPaschall

22 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

In the pixel editor in the center panel select to control lights manual there you can set the intensity 

That's how I was setting the intensity. I was clicking control lights, and sliding the brigtness down to what was more reasonable rather than 100%. I would save everything, and save the intensity file for the SE. . . and when I opened the SE to test all of the lights together (Pixels and non pixels) the lights from the pixels from the PE were back to 100%. 

13 hours ago, SPaschall said:

I assume you are highlighting an effect then applying the change in the brightness. Do you see a change in the preview when making the adjustment?

SPaschall

Yes, in the PE I am highlighting the effect changing the brightness, and then saving the changes. When I make an adjustment I do see a change in the preview, and the lights will change when the "control lights" is turned on in the PE, but then when I save everything, and go to test the entire show they are all back to 100%.

I can't figure out what else to do, and its frustrating me! :(
~Matt

I can't remember where it is in SE without being in front of it but do you have allow dmx values checked? Not sure if that could be causing the problem but it is worth looking into.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Under edit go to preferences,dmx preferences see if allow DMX editing is checked.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall

That would not affect the ability to play DMX channels - particularly as intensity files.

That only changes the ability to set levels as DMX level 0 - 255 vs 0 - 100%

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That would not affect the ability to play DMX channels - particularly as intensity files.

That only changes the ability to set levels as DMX level 0 - 255 vs 0 - 100%

I'm just searching right now, the issue he is having is a bit strange.

SPaschall

^ Strange, and frustrating!! I don't want my pixel strips to be 20 times brighter than everything else in the show, then everything else in the show is going to look dim, and nother pop as much. :( I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it!

~ Matt

Sounds like Matt needs to get involved.  If he doesn't respond via the forum, open a help desk ticket.

3 hours ago, SPaschall said:

What version are you using?

I'm at work right now, so not exactly sure what version. All I know is its the newest version, and the pro-level. I can find out exactly what version it is when I get home tonight. 

I know there is two beta versions the newest being 4.3.12 but there wasn't hardly any revisions to PE in those releases. I think 4.2.12 is the last full release.

Just got home from worked and checked to see what version I have, I guess I have an older version than I thought I did. I have 4.3.2

I also don't know how to update it to a newer version to see if that would help. :( (Newbie Problems)

Edited by DisneyMatt10

^ I've got the Pro License!! 

I'll download the newest full version when I get home from work!! Thanks for the link (and all the help!) I'll let you know if that fixes the problem!! 

~ Matt

8 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Just go here http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/ the newest full version is 4.2.12 Make sure you have a Pro licence which is 50.00. Any other questions feel free to ask.

SPaschall

Well, I went to the link you provided me with to download the newest version, and I got an error that said "A newer version of Light-O-Rama is already installed on this computer. Please uninstall other versions before continuing." I clicked 'Ok" and it closed the installer...

How could I already have a "newer" edition?? Should I uninstall the one I have, and reinstall 4.2.12??
~Matt